All channels are garbled. Turn power on off doesn't chang...

meganross1234
Grasshopper

All channels are garbled. Turn power on off doesn't change.Just eventually goes away. Sounds like underwater. What's up? Tried different cords no change. Shaw? 

0 Kudos

-- Turn power on off doesn't change.  ...... Shaw?  Welco...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@meganross1234 -- Turn power on off doesn't change.  ...... Shaw? 

Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is not a path to Shaw Support, which makes it unlikely that any Shaw employee will respond.

You need to disconnect the power-cord from the PVR, and reconnect it, to force it to restart. Pressing the POWER button on the remote just puts the PVR to "sleep", waiting for the start-time of your next scheduled recording.

Currently, accessing www.shaw.ca/chat is the fastest way to make official contact with Shaw Support.

0 Kudos

For the past week or more CNBC has multiple instances wit...

wgk
Grasshopper

For the past week or more CNBC has multiple instances within an hour of garbled audio. It occurs on both live and recorded shows, so I am thinking signal itself is capped or throttled somehow.   I am in Calgary with a Bluecurve PVR.  I can't seem to find the chat box to talk to Shaw support anymore, and I really don;t want to waste time on phone. 

Anyone else notice a recent change in audio quality on any of the channels they watch regularly?

0 Kudos

It's every channel for me today July 10th 2022... Not imp...

kaycee01p
Grasshopper

It's every channel for me today July 10th 2022... Not impressed with Shaw the last few years. Going downhill with new issues almost weekly...

0 Kudos

I'm experiencing the same issue that I had before, once a...

Zeph
Grasshopper

I'm experiencing the same issue that I had before, once again, during KTLA 10:00pm & 11:00pm News broadcast. I've also noticed it occurring during whatever program airs before their 10:00pm News broadcast.

0 Kudos

- I can't seem to find the chat box to talk to Shaw suppo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wgk - I can't seem to find the chat box to talk to Shaw support anymore

The site:  www.shaw.ca/chat still works for me.

0 Kudos

- It's every channel for me today Just for your service,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kaycee01p - It's every channel for me today

Just for your service, or also for any neighbour who also is a subscriber to Shaw TV?

0 Kudos

- I presume that Shaw uses a satellite-dish, aimed at the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Zeph - I presume that Shaw uses a satellite-dish, aimed at the stationary-orbiting satellite that broadcasts that channel.

I wonder if it is a "timing" issue, e.g., some temporary alignment between the aiming of the satellite-dish that points beyond the satellite directly at the setting sun?

Just that one channel? 

Where are you located? Timezone?

0 Kudos

- Yes, just the one channel, KTLA. I'm in Winnipeg, Manit...

Zeph
Grasshopper

@mdk - Yes, just the one channel, KTLA. I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba (Central Time Zone), with Shaw BlueCurve TV.

0 Kudos

Do you have the wired or wireless BlueCurve, does this ha...

rstra
Grand Master

@Zeph

Do you have the wired or wireless BlueCurve, does this happen on all boxes? I don’t have KTLA so I can’t see if it is an issue here. I am not sure if that channel is available on the BC app, but, if it is, check the audio there, that might tell us if it is an issue with the broadcast. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help