Jump to solution

Gateway (Arris MP2000) Remote Power Button

abdba
Grasshopper

Hi folks,

I had my Gateway system installed a number of years ago.  At the time, the installer programmed the remotes for both my TV and Audio receiver.  He configured the Arris MP2000 remotes so that the power button would power off/on both the TV and the Audio receiver.  And it worked great that way for years.  Actually he did that for both an upstairs Gateway portal, TV, and Audio receiver, and a downstairs set.

Now I've replaced the Audio receiver in one of the locations and I no longer have the power button powering both.  I updated the code for the new audio receiver according to the instructions http://urcsupport.com  .  That site found my model of receiver and gave me the code.  The code works and controls the volume on the new Audio receiver but power now only controls the TV.

This is nothing to do with ARC - I have always had that disabled.  It was something to do with the Gateway portal remote's programming.  Some sort of special setting.  He explained at the time that it will send the power on/off signals to both devices when pressed.  And it did - worked great until the receiver change.

So my question is: how do I program the remote to power both the TV and Audio receiver?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Gateway (Arris MP2000) Remote Power Button

shaw-tony

Hey abdba,

The master-power option for the remote should be automatically enabled. If have already programmed the remote to work with your audio system, try the steps: 

Volume control through your audio system:

1. Press and hold the MENU and OK buttons until the POWER button flashes twice, and then release both buttons.
  2. Enter in the code 9 – 9 – 3 – 3 (The power button will flash twice to confirm)

Try to power off the TV, and see if it will do the same to power off your audio receiver. Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jump to solution

abdba
Grasshopper

Update: I can see from the Shaw support sites for different remotes that the feature is maybe called "master power" but I can't find out how to set it up on Gateway/Arris remote?

It definitely used to work - no doubt about that.  The installer set it up for both of my portals, each with a TV and audio receiver (two completely independent systems with their own remotes - no overal).

This post seems to also describe the issue but with no resolution: 

https://community.shaw.ca/thread/35430

Help?  Please & thank you.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey abdba,

The master-power option for the remote should be automatically enabled. If have already programmed the remote to work with your audio system, try the steps: 

Volume control through your audio system:

1. Press and hold the MENU and OK buttons until the POWER button flashes twice, and then release both buttons.
  2. Enter in the code 9 – 9 – 3 – 3 (The power button will flash twice to confirm)

Try to power off the TV, and see if it will do the same to power off your audio receiver. Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

abdba
Grasshopper

Thanks @shaw-tony for the reply and the explanation.

So based on your comments, it must be that I just don't have a code entered for the new AVR that sends the power signal.  The one that I have entered works for volume and mute but maybe that's all.  I guess I'll work through and test all of the supplied codes for Yamaha - there are a bunch.

I thought there was some magic trick beyond the 9-9-3-3 but you're saying "no" - correct?  And the remote isn't learning either - correct?

I'll keep trying.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-don

That is correct, the remote isn't learning, it is preloaded with a multitude of codes, so it would be a matter of going through the codes until one works with your specific device. Just taking a look at the manual here, it doesn't look like there is a way to set for master power. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

abdba
Grasshopper

Fixed!

shaw-tony‌ and shaw-don‌ were correct.  There wasn't any magic trick or secret installer code like I thought there was - it was just a matter of programming in the right device code.

The device code that the urcsupport site suggested for my specific AVR model number turned out not to be correct.  Or the one that they recommended generally for most Yamaha devices.  So I tried all 13 in the manual, and the second last one (and only that one) did work.

Thanks guys!

TALK TO US
We're here to help