Gateway Remote Control (Now charging for replacement)

mslavin
Grasshopper

I am renting a Gateway system. A couple of weeks ago a couple of the buttons stopped responding. I took it in to the local Shaw store to exchange it for a new one. They informed me that they are now charging $15 for a replacement remote. How can they charge a fee for a replacement of "rental equipment"?

Labels (1)
2 Replies

This is a "user-to-user" discussion forum, not an officia...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

This is a "user-to-user" discussion forum, not an official path to contact Shaw, nor a place where you can get an official answer about Shaw's policies.

I suggest that you scroll-down this page, and click the "Your Voice" hyperlink, to send a message to Shaw.

Are you still self-isolating at home, forcing you to contact Shaw (online-chat or telephone), preferably late in the evening, when one of Shaw's Centres back east (I've talked to Winnipeg and Moncton) will answer, and might be convinced to ship a replacement to you ?

0 Kudos

I was able to enter the (now-reopened) local Shaw retail...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

I was able to enter the (now-reopened) local Shaw retail store-front today. I was told that it is $15 to purchase a replacement remote control, at their location, or "free", if you contact Shaw (online-chat or telephone) to get a remote control shipped to you. It was explained to me as a discouragement from having customers enter the store-front. Returning of equipment is still being done only by Registered shipping via Canada Post.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help