Gateway Scheduled Series issues

slk
Grasshopper

For the past few months I've had nothing but troubles with the Gateway not recording shows that are scheduled before other shows by times. When I go through my daily scheduled recordings I often find a number of shows that are programmed for the next day showing up before the current day's programs. I will go to the guide and hit record on the shows that should be recording first and 'sometimes' I will get the 'if you record this, this won't be recorded' message - which is perfect if the show it's replacing isn't until after the one I'm trying to record but more often than not I'm told there's no space and the scheduled show won't record. HOW is this possible when it should overwrite shows that are further in the future??????? 

And PS on a side note, I can't stand the 'faded' show list and that hitting PVR doesn't take me to the Scheduler. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

From your description above, it sounds like the recording...

shaw-valerie

@slk From your description above, it sounds like the recording capacity on your gateway is full. If that is the case, does this issue continue to occur if you manually clear some space by deleting old recordings? 

0 Kudos

No the gateway wasn't full, but since this posting the is...

slk
Grasshopper

No the gateway wasn't full, but since this posting the issue has miraculously fixed itself. Honestly the programming for the guide needs a whole new overhaul and has needed it for years, not just 'aesthetics'. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help