Gateway User Interface changes - unreadable text

AndyK
Grasshopper

I have received the Gateway User Interface update. I've noticed that in some text menus such as PVR Recordings, the non-selected text entries are medium blue with a dark blue background, creating a fog-like effect. Almost impossible to read anything except the selected entry. You can see the problem in the Shaw link below.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/service-updates-outages/nov-16-dec-11-gateway-user-interface-update/ta-p/...

Labels (1)
6 Replies

It's difficult to see the list of recorded shows now. It'...

JT71
Grasshopper

It's difficult to see the list of recorded shows now.

It's even worse when put on a smaller screen.

Please change it back!

The other new features are good. I can now get back to wh...

AndyK
Grasshopper

The other new features are good. I can now get back to where I was previously in the PVR. Just change the non-selected text back to something lighter and it will be great.

Quoting that web site: “We have tweaked the highlight and...

canonbie8
Grasshopper

Quoting that web site: “We have tweaked the highlight and cell colouring to enhance readability.”

REALLY?????

Press the PVR button on your remote to see “My PVR Recordings”. Can you honestly claim that the now low-contrast list “enhances readability”?

Why are these interface changes not run past a User Group for comment BEFORE they’re inflicted on us poor, paying customers?  🤬

Please fix ASAP.

The update is the worst update ever. It’s affecting my ey...

yrb
Grasshopper

The update is the worst update ever. It’s affecting my eyes. I’m getting a headache while trying to see my pvr recordings. I spent the morning talking to a customer service rep who told me there was nothing he could do.  They should have at least made the contrast adjustable. This is the most unnecessary update I have ever seen.  You have to reverse this one. I actually went around the house checking my televisions because I thought there was something wrong with them. Something has to be done about this. I don’t know how anyone thought this would make things readable. You have to change it back. 

So I finally got the Gateway update and there are definit...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

So I finally got the Gateway update and there are definitely some good and bad things about it.

The Good: I really like the new look of the Stingray music channels. Seeing the album art is cool although it does seem to take a long time for the picture to change after a new song starts up.

The Bad: like a lot of people have already mentioned the new background look is not very visually appealing. Hopefully SHAW can do something about that ASAP. Another thing I don't like is how the Search function now works as it gives you a bunch of options that don't make any sense. For example - today I was looking for any new episodes of Market Place so I punched in " MARK " and 57 options popped up including shows like Martha Speaks, The Marriage-Go-Round, Mary Kills People, Mary's Kitchen Crush, etc. You would think that once I added the K to my search menu that these shows would disappear thus saving me time searching through the options. 

+1 ... I agree that it's much harder to read the unselect...

jsvic
Grasshopper

+1 ... I agree that it's much harder to read the unselected text. This needs to be address soon.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help