Guide Problems

arjay
Grasshopper

Hi guys!

On my Shaw Gateway the Guide just shows generic data. Ie, for Fox News it just says Fox News across all the rows. 

Every other channel is exactly the same. I unplugged it for 5 minutes and plugged it back in - nothing. As a result, all the shows I record through the day aren't recording because the guide has nothing but generic data.

I tried doing an on-line chat, waited 15 minutes in the que and still nothing.

Is there a guide issue or is it just on my account? (Parksville)

Tx

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: Guide Problems

shaw-tony

Hey arjay,

Thank you for reaching out! I haven't heard of any reports of this issue with the Gateway system. Generally, the power reset to your main larger Gateway unit should fix this issue right up (takes about 30 minutes for the guide to download). Are you still continuing to notice no information on the guide for all channels or just some specific ones?

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Re: Guide Problems

arjay
Grasshopper

As mentioned, the power was removed and the issue persisted. As mentioned, the issue was guide-wide.

I ended up contacting Shaw through the chat and right off the bat the tech saw something wrong with it and fixed it. 

0 Kudos

similar problem but no guide information whatsoever Have...

kelm
Grasshopper

similar problem but no guide information whatsoever Have done all the resets without resolution

0 Kudos

We did see an issue with guide information not being disp...

shaw-valerie

@kelm We did see an issue with guide information not being displayed for some gateway customers last week, however, this has been resolved now. If you are still seeing any issues, please attempt another reboot of the main gateway or gateway HDPVR to initiate a refresh of the guide information. 

0 Kudos

I hope that you will re-evaluate whether "this has been r...

withheld
Grasshopper

I hope that you will re-evaluate whether "this has been resolved now" is actually true.
I think that this may be related to the issue I have been seeing where fresh guide information is not being read.  A reboot will in fact cause it to refresh and read the guide information available at the time of the reboot,  This might lead one to think everything has been fixed.  However, new guide information is then not read as it becomes available, so the guide does not remain full of up to date data.  Needing to reboot the box regularly to maintain a full guide is not a satisfactory solution.

The android Gateway app is also doing this.  Currently, I see less than two days of guide information.  I do not see a reliable way of forcing this to refresh the guide data.  Sometimes doing a sync with the portal seems to get the app to read most (but often a day or two less) of the guide data that the Gateway portal has, but often the sync appears to do nothing.

Happened to us last week.  No resolution??  Are they phas...

Cammy1
Grasshopper

Happened to us last week.  No resolution??  Are they phasing out the Gateway system?

0 Kudos

--  Are they phasing out the Gateway system? Shaw has ann...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Cammy1 --  Are they phasing out the Gateway system?

Shaw has announced that some of their Digital Terminals are being retired.

I have no seen any official announcement about the Gateway PVR.

However, it seems that new customers, or existing customers who upgrade, get the BlueCurve PVR, not a Gateway PVR.

TALK TO US
We're here to help