Has Much Music HD Finally Been Added To The Total TV Package ????

bostonbob
Grasshopper

When I switched over to the Total TV package one thing bothered me - why wasn't the HD version of Much Music included for non-BlueCurve customers???? Of all the channels included in the Total TV package that SHAW offers both a SD version and a HD version Much Music is the only channel that does not have both versions included in the the Total TV package. I have asked several SHAW CSR's and was told that this was just how the Total TV package was set up. I was also told that there was a chance that it could be added in the future but it didn't sound very likely. Anyway - last night I was on the " My Services " section on myshaw.ca checking out the " My Channels " list and saw that Much Music HD was now actually listed. So I activated the channel on my Gateway but it still was not coming through. I just called SHAW to get a confirmation and got the call back option. If I missed it - was anything recently posted about SHAW finally adding the channel to the Total TV lineup ????

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies

Hi there, I have the total tv package as well but with 34...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi there, I have the total tv package as well but with 3400's and a 3510 cable box and I just took a look and it said I have much hd as well. on 276. This will be good if its true or maybe coming soon?

I just checked and 24 is SD and 276 shows not authorized...Grrr.

0 Kudos

Hi there, I did a channel refresh from the My Shaw and ev...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi there, I did a channel refresh from the My Shaw and even after that....still unauthorized on 276 Much HD.

0 Kudos

&  -- I am on the grandfathered "Personal TV" package, an...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bostonbob & @Sith -- I am on the grandfathered "Personal TV" package, and I can actually see MUCH on 123 (SD) & on 276 (HD).

Vive la difference!

0 Kudos

Hi Sith - thanks for checking. Once I got my callback fro...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Hi Sith - thanks for checking. Once I got my callback from SHAW I was told that it was a misprint on the " My Channels " list and that Much HD ( I guess they no longer call it Much Music since no music videos are ever shown ) is still not part of the Total TV package. I just checked the entire list and there are some other channels listed that were not there the last time I checked - all the channels from the Time Shift theme pack and the NFL Red Zone. Check your my.shaw.ca page and see if any of these channels now appear on your " My Channels " list.

0 Kudos

Dammit - don't rub it in.

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@mdk wrote:

@bostonbob & @Sith -- I am on the grandfathered "Personal TV" package, and I can actually see MUCH on 123 (SD) & on 276 (HD).

Vive la difference!

Dammit - don't rub it in. 😉

0 Kudos

OK - there is definitely something weird going on here. I...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

OK - there is definitely something weird going on here. I just checked channel 24 ( Much SD channel here in Vancouver ) and the " Press OK to Watch in HD " option popped up. That option has never appeared before and why would it show up for a channel that is not available to me ???? Can somebody from SHAW please respond and tell us what is going on with Much HD and is it now included in the Total TV package for non-BlueCurve customers.

0 Kudos

Hi BostonBob, I also get the option to click for hd on my...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi BostonBob, I also get the option to click for hd on my 3400 boxes and when I click, I go to 276 and not authorized.

0 Kudos

And I'm guessing you never saw that option pop up before...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@Sith wrote:

Hi BostonBob, I also get the option to click for hd on my 3400 boxes and when I click, I go to 276 and not authorized.

And I'm guessing you never saw that option pop up before today. Something is up - I can understand some sort of glitch that makes channel 276 appear on our " My Channels " list but this option for watching in HD sure makes me think that we are either supposed to get Much HD or we are about to get it. I've already asked 2 CSR's about it today ( hey - we're not supposed to go outside unless it's necessary so I've got time to kill ) and they both said that even though Much HD is not part of the Total TV package they don't know why it's suddenly appearing on the " My Channels " list and the 2nd CSR could not explain the " Press OK to Watch in HD " option now showing up on channel 24. Like I said before - we need somebody from SHAW to post here and clear things up.

0 Kudos

Still waiting for somebody from SHAW to clear this up for...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Still waiting for somebody from SHAW to clear this up for us.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help