HD Box error code

cryoung
Grasshopper

I have a one year old HD Box that seems to have trouble rebooting after updates.  This box is on a tv that in not used often so it's not a huge problem, but after every update it stays on boot for about 2 weeks or so then it is fine.  Now for the past week or so the box cycles between saying boot and a code F5E7.  I have tried unplugging both the power and the cable and leave it unplugged for some time but it doesn't help.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Re: HD Box error code

shaw-tamara

Hi  

That's very odd! I don't think I've come across that error before. When you were doing troubleshooting before, did you also try unscrewing the white coax cable from the box and outlet while it was unplugged? If not, can you give that a shot and let us know if the issue persists? If you happen to have a splitter please make sure you disconnect/reconnect the cable there as well. Reseating the cables may help if it's a signal related issue so fingers crossed this does the trick. Keep us posted!

0 Kudos

cryoung
Grasshopper

I have tried that and even moved it to another TV that has a working box and I'm still getting the same error message.

shaw-tamara

Thanks for testing that out! I think your best bet would be to speak with technical support so they can take a closer look - it sounds like you might need a service call. But if you would like, you can also try activating the box again to see if that helps. You can do that using Equipment Activation 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help