Jump to solution

HD Guide Reminder Function

srglassw
Grasshopper

I'm having an issue with the Reminder function in the HD Guide on my DCX3510-M PVR. I have noticed over the last few days that basically it is not working. In the past I have often set reminders to have the PVR automatically switch channels to a program that I wanted to watch so if I should become distracted from manually changing the channel the Reminder function would change the channel for me. Now, even though I set a reminder the Reminder function does not seem to be automatically changing the channel any more.

The attached photo is a screen shot of the Reminder list currently in my PVR. The reminders shown at the top of the list for Tomorrow where actually reminders that where set for yesterday but where not executed at the specified times yesterday and where not deleted from the reminder list. There are no reminders shown for those channels and times in the HD Guide channel guide for tomorrow so the Reminder list entries seem to be mislabeled.

The reminders shown as for Today where not executed either and where not deleted from the reminder list.

The reminder shown at the bottom of the list for Tomorrow does show as a reminder in the HD Guide channel guide for tomorrow but I suspect that it too will not be executed.

Has the Reminder function been broken by a recent update?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: HD Guide Reminder Function

srglassw
Grasshopper

This issue now looks to be resolved. I reset the PVR which caused the outdated but not executed reminders to be deleted. The Reminder function then worked as normal.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jump to solution

srglassw
Grasshopper

This issue now looks to be resolved. I reset the PVR which caused the outdated but not executed reminders to be deleted. The Reminder function then worked as normal.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Glad to hear it is working as expected again. Let me know if you have any other questions

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

srglassw
Grasshopper

Tony, I think what happened is that I had set a reminder for an "MLB Baseball" game at 3:30 PM on last Thursday (May 9th) several days before. Then in the meantime the program description in the HD Guide for that time slot was changed to "Tim and Sid". It appears that the Reminder function did not deal well with such a change. I don't know this for certain but is the best explanation I can come up with. Normally one would not set a reminder several days before a program is scheduled to broadcast. It appears that there may be a glitch when the HD Guide program listing changes in between setting a reminder and the program time.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help