HD - Shaw has the full complement, when will they deliver?

Not applicable

At least once a month I get a Telus Optic seller at my door, making very attractive offers. The latest includes internet 300, the equivalent to Shaw's Medium TV, delivered by fibre, from a wireless box, for substantially less than Shaw (once the promo period ends). Moreover all Optic channels are HD. Shaw? For at least 5 years we hear "just wait", while cable capacity is upgraded and SD channels are transitioned to HD. Well, both are supposedly done. Still, it's the same old. Even Shaw-owned Corus channels (e.g., BBC Canada) remain mired in SD, at least on Shaw. So when does the "wait" end? Will it end? Has Shaw Cable become a technological dinosaur? Will Shaw ever reach parity on delivery? Is there any value in remaining a long time Shaw customer?

4 Replies

Re: HD - Shaw has the full complement, when will they deliver?

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Yeah - that whole " we're definitely going to add a bunch of new HD channels once the Digital Network Upgrade is completed " promise proved to be a bunch of total BS.

Not applicable

I switched a year and a half ago and haven’t looked back.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

PureFiber from Telus?  Switch...  lol

Shaw's TV service looks better than the Telus TV service does.

PureFiber internet has many ports blocked, but if that doesn't bother you, then switch..  I wouldn't hesitate, but I run everything through a VPN to get static IPs so the port-blocking wouldn't bother me.  lol

0 Kudos

Not applicable

kevinds wrote:

PureFiber from Telus?  Switch...  lol

Shaw's TV service looks better than the Telus TV service does.

PureFiber internet has many ports blocked, but if that doesn't bother you, then switch..  I wouldn't hesitate, but I run everything through a VPN to get static IPs so the port-blocking wouldn't bother me.  lol

I find the picture quality better now. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help