Jump to solution

HDMI cable 2.1 for blue curve tv

garyo99
Grasshopper

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Shaw Blue Curve TV Player | Wireless 4K (Xi6) an was wondering if I should up grade my HDMI cable to version2.1? I am currently using my old HDMI cable (years old) which works but wondering if buying a new HDMI 2.1 cable would improve picture quality?

Also, does blue curve support HDMI 2.1 cable?

Thank you

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@garyo99 -- from: HDMI - Wikipedia

[Version 2.1] adds support for higher resolutions and higher refresh rates, including 4K 120 Hz and 8K 120 Hz.

HDMI 2.1 also introduces a new HDMI cable category called Ultra High Speed (referred to as 48G during development), which certifies cables at the new higher speeds that these formats require.

Ultra High Speed HDMI cables are backwards compatible with older HDMI devices, and older cables are compatible with new HDMI 2.1 devices, though the full 48 Gbit/s bandwidth is only supported with the new cables.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jump to solution

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@garyo99 -- from: HDMI - Wikipedia

[Version 2.1] adds support for higher resolutions and higher refresh rates, including 4K 120 Hz and 8K 120 Hz.

HDMI 2.1 also introduces a new HDMI cable category called Ultra High Speed (referred to as 48G during development), which certifies cables at the new higher speeds that these formats require.

Ultra High Speed HDMI cables are backwards compatible with older HDMI devices, and older cables are compatible with new HDMI 2.1 devices, though the full 48 Gbit/s bandwidth is only supported with the new cables.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, I’ve ordered a hdmi 2.1 cable today...

garyo99
Grasshopper

Thanks for the reply, I’ve ordered a hdmi 2.1 cable today and will test it out. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help