HDMI no information

metromagic2002
Grasshopper

In the last few days, my TV screen had inconsistently displayed three different dialog boxes - HDMI - no information, the menu and the channel tuning at infrequent time intervals for a few times throughout the days. My TV has HDMI cable connected with Shaw cable box which continues to show all available channels for me to choose. My TV does not have any antenna required.

I have checked with my TV provider who advises that this is a problem with my cable service provider. I don't know how I can remove these dialog boxes and they keep blocking me from watching TV. Please provide instructions / directions an

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Just to clarify a couple things here, when you receive th...

shaw-valerie

@metromagic2002 Just to clarify a couple things here, when you receive the "HDMI - no information" error message on your TV, do you still see the picture and hear audio from the cable box? When you're seeing the menu opening and channel tuning coming up on their own, are you referring to functions on your TV itself, or to to menu opening and channel changing on the cable box?

0 Kudos

> I have checked with my TV provider who advises that thi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I have checked with my TV provider who advises that this is a problem with my cable service provider.

It could be. Which Shaw cable-box do you have? Motorola? Pace? Gateway? BlueCurve?

I recommend that you telephone Shaw, and get a support person to remotely connect to your cable-box, to view the signal-strength and other parameters.

Also, check that the HDMI is securely-connected to both your TV and the cable-box.

What do you see on the front-panel of the cable-box, when the problem surfaces?

0 Kudos

Hi Grasshopper, My cable box has a brand name Arris. I ha...

metromagic2002
Grasshopper

Hi Grasshopper,

My cable box has a brand name Arris. I have already checked with my TV provider and went through the TV menu. So I have no idea if there is any update by Shaw which affects the signal.

0 Kudos

Hi Valerie, The messages were just on top of the pictures...

metromagic2002
Grasshopper

Hi Valerie,

The messages were just on top of the pictures. I could still see the pictures behind and hear the audio sound. Those message or dialog boxes appeared for a minute or two in different orders and then disappeared.  So it is very interesting but annoying though.

0 Kudos

sounds like it may be your TV displaying this information...

shaw-tony

@metromagic2002 sounds like it may be your TV displaying this information about the HDMI connection. Have you tried swapping the HDMI cable?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help