How do I get high level support for the BlueCurve TV App?

Craig_Mack1
Grasshopper

Approximately a month ago we changed our legacy Gold package plus Crave/HBO on Shaw Direct to the Medium Package (30 Channels) plus Crave/HBO.   Most new channels appeared in the “Live TV” section on the App but we immediately lost all On Demand functionality (the “Browse” Section under TV, Movies, and Networks is now empty).

I reached out to the Shaw Mobile Apps group and after waiting two weeks received an email reply that “The App is fine but there appears to be a provisioning issue related to the Shaw Direct side.  Contact Shaw Direct support”.

I have now spend 5 hours with 6 different support reps and been treated to varying levels of disinterest, incompetence to outright rudeness.  There has been zero interest in diagnosing the issue beyond it’s my fault.  I have also been repeatedly blocked when trying to escalate to a higher level of technical support.  The common theme is that this is solely a user issue and it is clearly my phone or my browser and Shaw doesn’t support that followed by a transfer to different Rep or hang up.  On my most recent call I was actually told that the app never had any on demand functionality (clearing confusing on demand pay per view vs. on demand network viewing but they wouldn’t stop talking long enough to let me clarify) and continued to speak to me like I was an idiot.  I asked to speak to the manager and was told that manager confirms there is no on demand functionality and I would not be transferred.  As a 30 year continuous client of both Shaw Direct and Shaw Cable, I don’t think I’ve ever been treated so poorly so many times in a row.

If there is a Shaw Rep reading this that can put me in contact with someone with higher level expertise in this area?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

-- while reading this reply, scroll-down and click the "Y...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Craig_Mack1 -- while reading this reply, scroll-down and click the "Your Voice" hyperlink, to send an E-mail to Shaw.  That might help.

0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Sorry, this has not bee...

shaw-ada

@Craig_Mack1 Thanks for sharing your feedback! Sorry, this has not been addressed even after multiple contacts. @mdk @Craig_Mack1 Since this Shaw Direct, please refer to Shaw Direct contact us page and this is the Your Voice for Shaw Direct. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Have you done the usual, logout, uninstall, reinstall? I...

rstra
Grand Master

@Craig_Mack1 Have you done the usual, logout, uninstall, reinstall? I have had success contacting the reps on Twitter when I had an issue that the regular support reps couldn’t solve, you may want to give the a try @ShawDirect.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip.  I'll give it a shot.

Craig_Mack1
Grasshopper

Thanks for the tip.  I'll give it a shot.

0 Kudos

Thanks.  Will do.

Craig_Mack1
Grasshopper

Thanks.  Will do.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.  I've re-installed several times....

Craig_Mack1
Grasshopper

Thanks for the reply.  I've re-installed several times.  The app runs the live channels fine on all platforms (windows, android) just the on demand (Browse) section doesn't work.  I think it is a provisioning issue.  I don't use Twitter but it may be time to start!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help