-- trying to delete a series recording for a show that di...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@webwonky -- trying to delete a series recording for a show that didn't record because they don't get the channel. Why would it even be an option then? 

To encourage the Shaw customer to subscribe to that channel by the time that the first episode in the series is scheduled for broadcast? 

Left-over after recording a series on a channel during "free preview" of that channel, but now that "free" period has ended?

> This method to delete is beyond frustrating 

Scroll through the list of scheduled recordings, and then "right-arrow" to the option to "delete", and use the "OK" button.

0 Kudos

Hi,  Thanks for the answer. It worked. I hope Shaw will m...

markymark2
Grasshopper

Hi, 

Thanks for the answer. It worked. I hope Shaw will make it a more intuitive way to delete series recordings. Perhaps a visible button on the TV screen that says, "delete series recording" --> confirm? or cancel? Having to make sure the series selected that you want to cancel make sure it is white in colour and not blue is strange. It was much easier/logical to delete series in Arris/Motorola Shaw cable tv boxes menus. 

0 Kudos

This did not work for me, I think it's going to warrant a...

DaddyC
Grasshopper

This did not work for me, I think it's going to warrant a service call.  Even the programs I am recording and want, it is not being recording.  If I am watching a show, and push the record button then it works. I give up.

0 Kudos

Bring up the guide, and highlight the program in the guid...

Zeph
Grasshopper

Bring up the guide, and highlight the program in the guide you wish to delete (if it's a scheduled series recording, you'll see 3 red dots within the program title). Then press 'OK' or 'Info' on your BlueSky / BlueCurve remote. Select 'Record Options', then select 'Cancel', and then select 'All Future Recordings'.

How do you get it to go to white instead of blue to cance...

Salvailj
Grasshopper

How do you get it to go to white instead of blue to cancel the series recording instead of just change the recording priority?

0 Kudos

Ah, this solution worked for me!  But caution, if you go...

Colossus
Grasshopper

Ah, this solution worked for me!  But caution, if you go to your "Saved programs/For You" section, highlight one of the them, hit "Record Options", you're only going to be able to "Delete this Episodes" or "All Episode".  There is nothing about cancelling "All Future Recordings".  Thence, it is critical that you start from the "Guide", ie. the scheduled program title with 3 red dots. Since at least 2020, viewers have been struggling with this basic function. Can you believe it?  With the older Shaw system, cancelling a series was a no-brainer.

0 Kudos

Why is this so unintutitive? Why not simply allow us to c...

dbremner
Grasshopper

Why is this so unintutitive? Why not simply allow us to cancel series recordings from the modify screen? Why do I have to google and shift through forum posts just to do something so basic?

0 Kudos

Seems like this should be a lot easier to find. It should...

annstephenson1
Grasshopper

Seems like this should be a lot easier to find. It should be an option you can access from any recorded episode. Considering this question was asked 4vyears ago I would have hoped for some improvement by now. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help