Jump to solution

How to increase sound level of DCX3200-M

iris_hou
Grasshopper

I got the DCX3200-M recently. My TV and this box is connected by HDMI. My problem is that currently the sound level of my DCX3200-M is far weaker then my TV. According to DCX3200-M manual, its sound volume should be adjustable. However, I tried two Shaw remote controls, they only adjust the sound level of my TV. Is there any other way to adjust the box's sound level?
I frequently watch YouTube through my 4K smart TV. When I switch between cable and TV, I must adjust the volume and other family members might be bothered. Therefore, I strongly hope that the box's sound level can be increased.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: How to increase sound level of DCX3200-M

shaw-tony

Hey iris.hou,

I believe you have the HD box here, when viewing the manual I do not see any details about controlling volume on the TV box. The only way to adjust audio settings is in the above. Regardless of which remote, they should control the volume on your TV. Have you tried swapping out the HDMI cord to see if that helps?

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey iris.hou,

Thank you for reaching out! I haven't heard of any reports of the TV equipment having any sound issues. Do you notice this with other HDMI connected devices? What I can suggest is to try and toggle the Output Range to Wide or Narrow to see if it helps improve the volume. Feel free to follow the steps here to complete that. Keep me posted on how it goes!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

iris_hou
Grasshopper

Thank you Tony, I tried the Output Range. Wide improved the volume. However, I would like to make sure that we cannot adjust the volume directly.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

Is your DCX3200 using the newer HD Guide interface?  Or the older style guide?

There was a way to re-program the Shaw remote for the older software, so the remote could adjust the volume on the box, turning it up or down..  If it got changed for any reason, it may be lower than it should.

If that is the case, you would program the remote to operate the DCX3200's volume, turn it up, then set the volume back to controlling your TV.

I don't know if the HD-Guide software has the same volume features.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

iris_hou
Grasshopper

How should I check its HD Guide interface? I got this DCX3200-M last month, so I think it should be the newer. However, I remember that when I activated it, after key in the serial number, it showed that no such equipment; therefore, I called Shaw support (trying from about 10 pm to 11 pm). Then I followed the suggestion - keeping the box on and went to sleep. The next morning, I called for support again, and the technicians worked hardly for several hours. Recalling this, I suspect that the box might be very old.

In addition, I am using 3 Shaw remote controls together (2 same model - 1 from this DCX3200, 1 from DCX700, the third was very old but I like its Tune-In keys). However, none of them can control the sound level of the cable box. Should I try to re-program the remote?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey iris.hou,

I believe you have the HD box here, when viewing the manual I do not see any details about controlling volume on the TV box. The only way to adjust audio settings is in the above. Regardless of which remote, they should control the volume on your TV. Have you tried swapping out the HDMI cord to see if that helps?

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

iris_hou
Grasshopper

Thank you Tony. Right now, I am accustomed to the sound level. Probably, I should try to adjust my

TV setting because connecting my laptop gets a similar situation. I also swapped a spare 3' HDMI cable a couple of days ago. It seems better, but not very significant.
I was trying to adjust the volume because I roughly read this DCX3200-M-P3-User-Guide (download - in page 6 Adjusting the Volume). Now I read it carefully and find that it only relates to L/R audio connection. You are right; we can only adjust TV volume when connecting by HDMI.

Jump to solution

Not applicable

Does the guide on your DCX3200 look the same as the DCT700?

The DCT700 will use the old Rovi guide.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help