Jump to solution

How to skip ahead on Moto DCX3510M

Don14
Grasshopper

How do I skip ahead when watching a recorded program on my Moto DCX3510M? I can fast forward but I'd like to jump ahead instead.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

If you have the older Shaw remote-control with the "bulge...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

If you have the older Shaw remote-control with the "bulge" near the top, then down the LEFT edge, you should have:

• Vol (up/down)
  • MUTE (labelled on the button)
  • SKIP (labelled above an unlabelled button)
  • REW (labelled below a button with a counter-clockwise 3/4 arrow)
  • DOUBLE-LEFT-ARROW
  • STOP

SKIP moves 30 seconds forward. REW moves 15 seconds backward.

Over on the RIGHT, the two PAGE buttons moves forward/backward 5 minutes.

Lower-down on the RIGHT, the FFWD button can be pressed up to 4 times, to incrementally increase the "fast-forward" speed. Press it a fifth time, to return to 100% speed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jump to solution

I think I remember the button to the left (or maybe right...

withheld
Grasshopper

I think I remember the button to the left (or maybe right?) of the "on demand" button doing this (I now have a Gateway instead of the 3510)

It may just have 3 unlabeled buttons there - the one I used I think was above the Rew button.  But I had the "learning" remotes, so I may have had it "learn" that from some other remote.  I had the big Atlas remotes with the round "bulge" near the top area.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

If you have the older Shaw remote-control with the "bulge...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

If you have the older Shaw remote-control with the "bulge" near the top, then down the LEFT edge, you should have:

• Vol (up/down)
  • MUTE (labelled on the button)
  • SKIP (labelled above an unlabelled button)
  • REW (labelled below a button with a counter-clockwise 3/4 arrow)
  • DOUBLE-LEFT-ARROW
  • STOP

SKIP moves 30 seconds forward. REW moves 15 seconds backward.

Over on the RIGHT, the two PAGE buttons moves forward/backward 5 minutes.

Lower-down on the RIGHT, the FFWD button can be pressed up to 4 times, to incrementally increase the "fast-forward" speed. Press it a fifth time, to return to 100% speed.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks to you both. I have the remote with the "bulge", I...

Don14
Grasshopper

Thanks to you both. I have the remote with the "bulge", I guess you are calling it the Atlas remote . The Page button indeed does make it move in 5 minute increments, exactly what I want.

Actually I should have thought of that myself but I have been using a Bose remote with my Bose soundbar and it also controls the rest of my system components. It duplicates most of the Atlas functions but not the Page function. I've been using it for so long that I forgot about the Atlas remote. Maybe I can get the Bose to learn the Paging or get the Atlas to work with my soundbar. In any case many thanks folks. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help