Jump to solution

HUNT Displaying On My PVR Screen

merrymermaid
Grasshopper

Hi, after attempting to get rid of the HUNT display on my PVR screen for the past couple years, I need help please.  I'd like to have a Shaw technician come over to check my outside signal.  Would it be possible for someone at Shaw to send me an email to set up an appointment?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- you posted the same "battling for years" elsewhere on...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@merrymermaid -- you posted the same "battling for years" elsewhere on this forum.  Please check that thread for my reply.

Generally, Shaw does not send E-mail to make an appointment. Please use online-chat or telephone to contact Shaw.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Jump to solution

-- you posted the same "battling for years" elsewhere on...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@merrymermaid -- you posted the same "battling for years" elsewhere on this forum.  Please check that thread for my reply.

Generally, Shaw does not send E-mail to make an appointment. Please use online-chat or telephone to contact Shaw.

Jump to solution

After trying everything the past four years to get rid of...

merrymermaid
Grasshopper

After trying everything the past four years to get rid of the HUNT display on my PVR, it's now appearing near constantly so I'm throwing in the towel.

What I want to do is STOP using my PVR and switch back to my TV only continuing with my basic Shaw cable package.  

But....I don't know to do this procedure with so many cords attached to both my PVR & TV..  I just tried to get help on Chat but had no luck.  The problem for me is I'm deaf so I'm unable to PHONE Shaw.  What I'd really like is to somehow get someone at Shaw to set up an appointment for me to have a Shaw tech come over to my house to help.  

Thanks so much for any help you can lend.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

You will need to use a cable box for TV, Shaw is all digi...

rstra
Grand Master

@merrymermaid You will need to use a cable box for TV, Shaw is all digital now, so connecting the cable direct to the TV won’t work. I would suggest chatting with Shaw support and asking for a service call. As I mentioned previously, HUNT is a signal issue and would likely require a technician. 

Jump to solution

Thanks so very much for getting back to me so fast, rstra...

merrymermaid
Grasshopper

Thanks so very much for getting back to me so fast, rstra.  I don't know what you mean about chatting with Shaw Support.  How do I do that?  I was on the Shaw Chat earlier this evening but had no luck, the person either didn't understand what I was trying to convey or my trying to explain the problem wasn't put across well.  

I DEFINITELY want to get a Shaw technician over to help me but alas I can't phone because I'm deaf and I have no one to make a call for me.  

Please advise and thanks again.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi rstra, I was just on Shaw Chat with the most friendly,...

merrymermaid
Grasshopper

Hi rstra, I was just on Shaw Chat with the most friendly, helpful employee and he set up an appointment for me to have a Shaw Tech come over.  I'm ever so grateful and thanks to you also for your help.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am glad you were able to get a service call booked, let...

rstra
Grand Master

@merrymermaid I am glad you were able to get a service call booked, let us know how it goes.

Jump to solution

Thanks so much, rstra.  It's a good job I booked an appoi...

merrymermaid
Grasshopper

Thanks so much, rstra.  It's a good job I booked an appointment with a Shaw Tech for tomorrow because today my PVR is really acting up today.

I appreciate your help and will let you know how it goes tomorrow.  Have a pleasant day.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Good Evening, rstra   The Shaw technician was here this m...

merrymermaid
Grasshopper

Good Evening, rstra 😊  The Shaw technician was here this morning and set up a new PVR for me.  What a relief not to have to see that HUNT display flashing anymore.  

On my older-style flip phone, I had a text from Shaw this aft to click a link and complete their survey.  I can't click/access links on this phone.  Would Shaw be able to email the survey?  They of course have my email address.  

A big thanks for all the help you've given me the past years, I sure do appreciate it, rstra.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Glad to hear you got it all sorted.  Not sure about the s...

rstra
Grand Master

@merrymermaid Glad to hear you got it all sorted.  Not sure about the survey, I thought they usually emailed those out,

TALK TO US
We're here to help