Intermittent no IP in east Van Dec 2018 Jan 2019

asmithvan403
Grasshopper

Intermittent no IP on DCX 3510 in east Van. I have been experiencing no IP without any change to my hook up for the past several weeks. I have HD PVR on one one arm of 1:3 spltter shared with internet modem and one other downstream splitter. I have rebooted HD PVR many times and it does not come back. Perhaps comes back 3 - 8 hours later. Is any one else having these issues with DC 3510? Technician says it is due to weak signal but we have had this same setup for 2 1/2 years without previos problems.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Intermittent no IP in east Van Dec 2018 Jan 2019

asmithvan403
Grasshopper

This problem is still happening. I have had unscheduled outages on Dec 18 - 28. Then tech visit Dec 28- problem returned Dec 30, Jan1, Jan 3 and Jan 4 (no IP after 5 hours as I write this).  Waiting for return tech visit Jan 8.;

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Sorry to hear that,  ! Based on the info you have provided, it sounds like it's something a tech is going to need to fix on site. Hopefully they can get it sorted out for you tomorrow!

0 Kudos

asmithvan403
Grasshopper

Tech came and re-did cable connection from wall to HDPVR - larger cable, more shielding. Changed splitters and cable connectors within home net work hook up including splitter and connectors at the lane drop box (slight corrosion).  All signals improved in strength and signal / noise ratio's.  Everything is back on line and working OK. #

TALK TO US
We're here to help