Is Cable Box HDMI CEC compatible??

GWBoyd
Grasshopper

I would like to know if the MP2150 cable box I have on my shaw system is HDMI CEC compatible.  I would like to hid the  cable box behind my Samsung TV and and use the TV remote to control the cable box via the HDMI cable.  Is this possible with this Arris model? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

No, but you could use an IR tether.

rstra
Grand Master

No, but you could use an IR tether. 

0 Kudos

Thanks I currently use an IR extender but want to get rid...

GWBoyd
Grasshopper

Thanks

I currently use an IR extender but want to get rid of it for a cleaner installation.

0 Kudos

-- use the TV remote to control the cable box via the HDM...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@GWBoyd -- use the TV remote to control the cable box via the HDMI cable

Would it be better to use a Shaw remote-control to control both the Arris and the TV.

Once programmed, the Shaw remote-control can control the TV's on/off, volume up/down, mute, and input/source functions.

From a Shaw web-site: How do I program my BlueCurve TV remote control? is the phrase:

You want to program your BlueCurve TV remote so that you can enable the "aim anywhere" functionality.

So, do you want "aim anywhere", including behind your TV, assuming that your Arris supports this "aim anywhere" that is supported on the BlueCurve PVR ?

0 Kudos

Using the Shaw remote would provide only a partial soluti...

GWBoyd
Grasshopper

Using the Shaw remote would provide only a partial solution as I would lose the ability to access some of the TV's features.  Do you (or anyone) know if you can use "aim anywhere" with the Arris  MP2150 Gateway portal? 

0 Kudos

No, the rf remotes are limited to the BlueCurve equipment.

rstra
Grand Master

No, the rf remotes are limited to the BlueCurve equipment. 

0 Kudos

Looks like I'm hooped unless I move to the Bluecurve syst...

GWBoyd
Grasshopper

Looks like I'm hooped unless I move to the Bluecurve system.

Thanks to all for replies.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help