It's really too bad because I had some high hopes when this new look Forum debuted but it's now become pretty obvious that one of two things has happened - either the people running this thing don't know wtf they are doing or SHAW just doesn't give a d*mn anymore about responding to their customers. Here's a few examples:
- about 5 weeks ago ( right after the new look debuted ) I mentioned that a major bug was now happening. When a new post was made in an old thread ( whether it was posted by a lowly SHAW customer or even a SHAW employee ) the thread stayed where it was instead of moving up to the top of the list so those interested could see any new comments / information. I was told that my observation would be passed onto the development team. If that were true it should not take 5 weeks to fix this issue.
- over 2 months ago I suggested a new way to list the Theme Pack page and was told the very same thing - my observation would be passed along but so far absolutely nothing has happened. Again - you would think that something like this would be fixed ASAP. IMO the Theme Pack page is a complete mess - as an example let's look at the " Past Present Future " theme pack:
- Discovery HD is listed but not Discovery SD
- National Geographic HD is listed but not National Geographic SD
- National Geographic Wild SD is listed but not National Geographic Wild HD
I offered 2 better ways to list each theme pack:
Past Present Future
- Cottage Life ( SD only )
- Discovery Channel ( SD and HD )
- Discovery Velocity ( HD only )
- H2 ( SD and HD )
- National Geographic ( SD and HD )
- National Geographic Wild ( SD and HD )
- T+E ( SD only )
Past Present Future
SD Channels - Cottage Life, Discovery Channel, H2, National Geographic, National Geographic Wild and T+E
HD Channels - Discovery Channel, Discovery Velocity, H2, National Geographic and National Geographic Wild
Listing the channels alphabetically would also make each channel a lot easier to find. And they still haven't added back the Hollywood Suite theme pack to the Theme Packs page. 😡
- my final point here is that the majority of new threads now remain unanswered or at least unanswered by somebody at SHAW. If things don't improve here quickly it might just be best to shut this Forum down. ☹️
Solved! Go to Solution.
@bostonbob apologies on the delay in updates you've requested. Our Community Manager is aware of the situation and is working with our development team. I haven't heard back about the changes in the theme pack. I will send another request up about it.
As for the threads on the forum, @shaw-valerie and I are the moderators in responding to inquiries. We've responded to a majority of questions. Let me know if there are any that need immediate attention.
Not only that but the new forum design shows the questions/comments in an overly large format so that only 5 can be seen on a page. So if the item is not near the top of the list it will not be seen by most viewers. Makes it look like there are few problems, and everything is working perfectly.
I completely agree with you. Someone who approved the changes was given a slimy salesman's spiel.
And it appears Shaw doesn't welcome feedback about their forums either, You must crosspost (which is what I am going to do next).
There's also no editing your post feature too. Mind you, the previous forum version was horrible as well. This one looks better which I can understand. We're living in a very superficial all about looks world in North America.
There's also no editing your post feature too.
Hey TheFonz - you can actually still edit any post you leave here. If you want to edit something you posted just click on the icon on the far right of your post ( the one with the 3 blue dots ). The very first option there is to edit your post.