Limiting a series recording to a specific time slot.

sillsd
Grasshopper

We recently changed from an Arris PVR/gateway to Bluecurve (notice I didn't say "upgraded", since there are several ways in which this has been a step back, some of which have been mentioned in other posts).  Some programs, especially nightly news, are on during many time slots during the day on the same channel.  With the old Arris PVR, I could set it to record only a specific timeslot (and channel).  Bluecurve allows me to specify a specific channel, and only 1st run, but I can't figure out how to select a specific time slot.  So, for example, I have a series to record The National on CBC Newsworld, and it records for all the timeslots during the day, 7, 9, 10, and 11 PM.  I watch the first one and have to delete all the others.  With the Arris, it only recorded the 7 PM.    Is there a way to specify a timeslot for a series recording, and if not can this ability be provided?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
9 Replies

I know this isn't helpful but I've had it for some time n...

bdobson
Grasshopper

I know this isn't helpful but I've had it for some time now and never been able to find out. It has issues for me with random shows, "NCIS: New Orleans" is the worst, and now it's added 2 more to the list that I'm suddenly getting numerous times of the day.

Thanks -- it's helpful in the sense that misery loves com...

sillsd
Grasshopper

Thanks -- it's helpful in the sense that misery loves company! 😂

0 Kudos

I can certainly pass along your feedback, however, at thi...

shaw-valerie

@sillsd I can certainly pass along your feedback, however, at this time, the options for series recording would allow you to restrict to a specific channel, and then only new vs new and repeats, there isn't an option to restrict to a specific recurring time slot. With programs like this likely the quickest option to restrict multiples is to cancel some of the recording instances from the 'Scheduled' section under your 'Saved' screen, which will allow you to cancel just specific episodes scheduled to record in a series without cancelling the whole series, rather then having to delete the programs after they have been recorded.

0 Kudos

I agree - i've been getting NCIS New Orleans all over the...

mistiblu
Grasshopper

I agree - i've been getting NCIS New Orleans all over the place since a) channels other than CBS carry it and dont specify in the listings if it is "new" or not thus the PVR records them and b) I cant set it from the guide since it doesnt restart until February (I think.  I did find that if I set a recording directly from the guide, I can specify a channel but I sure wish I could specify a time and only get just one!

0 Kudos

I don't mean to hijack this thread but another somewhat r...

srglassw
Grasshopper

I don't mean to hijack this thread but another somewhat related issue with series recordings is that BlueCurve TV doesn't allow more than one series with the same program name. An example is the program "Vera" with different seasons and episodes broadcast on Knowledge network and PBS. Whatever channel you set up the series on last is the only series that is set up. Series recording needs to have an "All Channels" option as well as specific channel, HD only and SD only.

0 Kudos

We recently "changed" (certainly not upgraded) as well an...

vhiholdings
Grasshopper

We recently "changed" (certainly not upgraded) as well and am experiencing the same issue of programmed series recordings capturing every broadcast of the affected show. I see that Grasshopper's post was over two years ago and that the Shaw mediator's reply is as well. I suppose we can conclude that Shaw does not plan on moving on this issue to correct it. In addition, with the old Gateway app I could program my PVR remotely from my phone - another step backward with Blue Curve.    

I have the samw issue & after a long (20minish) call with...

raeroer
Grasshopper

I have the samw issue & after a long (20minish) call with a rep yesterday I finally got the answer you gave above but not nearly as clear. It is an issue that the programming needs to address. I want the show recorded at the time I select, I also don't want multiple recordings for ALL the new episodes on the glut of channels it may run on. Using On-Demand is a partial solution but then FF is rrestricted & in the ex of SNL the on-demand doesn't include the musical guests

0 Kudos

We recently switched, husband said, go to Record Options,...

bobmoose
Grasshopper

We recently switched, husband said, go to Record Options, New Episodes Only, Channels, 4K HD SD Specific Channel, choose specific channel.  Seems to be wor,ing so far, good luck 🙂

This is correct in the record dialogue box you can set a...

WPG1960
Grasshopper

This is correct in the record dialogue box you can set a specific channel only for that time you want to record.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help