Listening to channels with TV off

Fire-Fit
Grasshopper

At some point an update has removed the ability to keep the gateway (along with av receiver) on with sound after TV is turned off.

It would be great to have back the ability to listen to music channels without the need for the TV to be constantly on.

It was also helpful when we could set a channel, turn only TV off, and then have the ability to rewind the live TV later.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

-- does your AV receiver immediately stop sending sound t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Fire-Fit -- does your AV receiver immediately stop sending sound to the speakers connected to that receiver as soon as you power-off the TV, or does the sound play for some time?

> It was also helpful when we could set a channel, turn only TV off, and then have the ability to rewind the live TV later.

For me, that still happens, for a limited amount of time. For example, if I tune my Arris Gateway PVR to SportsNet, and power-off the TV, and then power-on the TV in less than 1 or 2 hours, then press the "play" button on the Shaw remote, I can see that I have the ability to "rewind" a significant number of minutes, say 30 to 60.  However, if I leave the TV powered-off all night, and then power-on the TV the next morning, and then press the "play" button, then there is nothing available for the "rewind" button to show. At some point, I presume that the Gateway has stopped doing the "live" recording, and instead is showing the Shaw screen-saver (multiple occurrences of the word "Shaw" in various font-sizes, floating around the screen).

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Theres about a 3 second period wher...

Fire-Fit
Grasshopper

Thanks for the reply.

Theres about a 3 second period where sound comes through and then it ends too. And when I power the tv back on, the gateway resets and I can't even rewind the channel that was just on.

I remember a time when the channel would buffer for a while, like you mentioned, but I no longer get that feature on both my gateway to TV setup AND my gateway to receiver to TV setup.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help