Jump to solution

New subscriber - cannot pay bill "We cannot process your payment at this time. Payment was not authorized"

sonofthunder73
Grasshopper

Hi,

I signed up for Shaw internet earlier this month.  While I did set up auto payments (via my CIBC Visa card) I wanted to pay the bill a couple of days early.  I have tried to pay it with two credit cards now, both of which are good, and am getting a "We cannot process your payment at this time. Payment was not authorized" error.  Note that the first credit card that I tried was the one that I saved as the default payment source for auto pay.

I really don't wanted to be late on payment my first bill with Shaw so can so I was hoping someone could give me a little assistance and possibly tell me what I should do.  Trying this before getting on chat with support.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: New subscriber - cannot pay bill "We cannot process your payment at this time. Payment was not authorized"

shaw-tamara

Oh, that's very weird! In that case, I wonder if there might be a different problem. If the auto-pay doesn't go through, I'd recommend checking in with customer support so they can take a look at the account. 

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Jump to solution

Re: New subscriber - cannot pay bill "We cannot process your payment at this time. Payment was not authorized"

shaw-tamara

Hi  

We do billing system maintenance in the evening, usually somewhere around 9:30 PM Pacific time. Any chance you were trying to make the payment then? If that's the case, it usually takes about half an hour or so to go back to normal, so hopefully you were able to make the payment once it was finished. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

sonofthunder73
Grasshopper

Hi Tamara,

No I tried it yesterday morning before noon MST.  I just tried it again just now and received the same error, "We cannot process your payment at this time. Payment was not authorized".

Hopefully the autopay works because it's due tomorrow and I'm a little concerned.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Oh, that's very weird! In that case, I wonder if there might be a different problem. If the auto-pay doesn't go through, I'd recommend checking in with customer support so they can take a look at the account. 

Jump to solution

sonofthunder73
Grasshopper

Hi again Tamara,

I have some good news, the auto-pay worked and I see the amount owed came out of my CIBC account.

I was under the impression that I had to pay the first bill manually before auto-pay would work but it turns out that is not the case.

I really appreciate the support.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I suppose that means the payment will be automatically de...

Tox350
Grasshopper

I suppose that means the payment will be automatically deducted on due date and only on due date, not a day or two days early.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.

Display1
Grasshopper

I'm having the same issue.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

can you try again in a different web browser?

shaw-tony

@Display1 can you try again in a different web browser?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Same issue but the funds were taken from my account.

SMaxwell1978
Grasshopper

Same issue but the funds were taken from my account.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- logon to the My Shaw Portal, and "bills", and select "...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@SMaxwell1978 -- logon to the My Shaw Portal, and "bills", and select "transactions". Does your payment show up as a transaction?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help