Our teams continue to investigate and work on a fix for t...

shaw-valerie

@gdnorrie @nsu @rcinbc @dsmmace @va7cwx 

Our teams continue to investigate and work on a fix for this issue, however, have seen some success in switching to HDMI 2.0 cables if you are using HDMI 1.4 cables. As well, @accuaccu reports that changing the daily update time to a time the box is active has so far prevented the recurrence of this issue. 

0 Kudos

Are you unable to quote any posts or is the issue intermi...

shaw-valerie

@rickatk Are you unable to quote any posts or is the issue intermittent? 

0 Kudos

And you for response. I have tried many HDMI cables over...

va7cwx
Grasshopper

And you for response. I have tried many HDMI cables over the last for months and changed the reset time. I think I will just add a digital timer to the power of the box and force it to hard reset every day at the same time until there is a software fix. 

0 Kudos

Tech support came out and checked signal power to my box,...

dsmmace
Grasshopper

Tech support came out and checked signal power to my box, then replaced it with a new box.  My issues have been resolved.  No further issues since.

The issue is intermittent and seems to occur in older str...

rickatk
Master

@shaw-valerie 

The issue is intermittent and seems to occur in older strings that precede your last note indicating the problem was resolved. I will try to keep an eye on how old the string I might be responding in.

@rickatk 

0 Kudos

The quoting issue is back to persistent, regardless the a...

rickatk
Master

@shaw-valerie 

The quoting issue is back to persistent, regardless the age of the string.

@rickatk 

As a aside, have there been any progress on the request for a separate topic relating to the Community Forum. This would be a great place to report forum problems enhancement requests etc.

0 Kudos

I have this same issue and would like to know when there'...

BrandonLBurns
Grasshopper

I have this same issue and would like to know when there's a resolution.  I also have this problem intermittently but do not have the same issue with other HDMI connected devices.  I don't have the issue on my older Samsung TV just my new Samsung Frame.  I will try the daily update time suggestion.

0 Kudos

Hi Valerie, I will have to check, but since our TV is bra...

rcinbc
Grasshopper

Hi Valerie,

I will have to check, but since our TV is brand new from Best Buy I am assuming the HDMI cables are 2.0.

Regarding the changing of the daily update time to when the box is active, that was a solution that we found here, or more specifically my wife thought up and tried. We then let Shaw technical support know about the fix. You're welcome.

Still wondering why a Shaw tech support supervisor told us back in December they had never heard of this problem, when there was chatter about it on the Shaw discussion boards going back a year, maybe more...

rcinbc

0 Kudos

we appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it al...

shaw-tony

@rickatk we appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our Community manager to review. I personally haven't heard of any changes coming up yet. As for the quotation issue, can you provide specific examples or screenshots of the problem so we may address it?

0 Kudos

I can’t seem to upload a screen shot in reply mode. The c...

rickatk
Master

@shaw-tony 

I can’t seem to upload a screen shot in reply mode. The camera icon doesn’t seem to work.

I will try a new message. For example the quotes are missing when trying to reply to your message. The camera icon doesn’t work. However if I start a new post all the tool bar buttons work.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help