No current program on HD Guide

budsgirl
Grasshopper

Over the last few weeks I have noticed that "No current program" is showing frequently all through the guide on my 3510 pvr.  For example today (Sunday Oct 27) on ch 35 CTV Life the guide shows No current program all day until midnight.  Other examples are peppered throughout the Guide for single hour slots.  The main issue, other than not knowing what is on, is that recording is not possible without the show listing available. So I could not record anything on CTV Life today or tonight.  

I have unplugged the pvr to see if the missing listings will load but they don't.  Any explanation for this???

6 Replies

I am finding the same thing.  Has there been an answer po...

jm
Grasshopper

I am finding the same thing.  Has there been an answer posted for this?

0 Kudos

Nope.  Question has been up for four days and no one from...

budsgirl
Grasshopper

Nope.  Question has been up for four days and no one from Shaw has bothered to answer it.  Problem is still happening.  Excellent customer service.

0 Kudos

Testing on this side, we are not seeing any current guide...

shaw-valerie

@budsgirl @jm Testing on this side, we are not seeing any current guide issues. Incomplete guide data can be caused by poor signal to the box, in which case the troubleshooting steps on this page may help to correct the problem. If that does not help, get in touch with our technical support team here so that they can run some tests to the box and confirm it's is receiving the proper signal, and attempt a remote reset of the equipment if it is. 

0 Kudos

After unplugging the PVR, it may take a few HOURS for it...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

After unplugging the PVR, it may take a few HOURS for it to fully reload the Guide.  How long are you waiting? Do the lowest-numbered channels reload first, and just for a few hours?

0 Kudos

It is possible that the disk-drive inside your PVR is fai...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

It is possible that the disk-drive inside your PVR is failing.

One symptom is that you cannot pause a live program.

Another symptom is incomplete recordings.

Ask Shaw if they will replace the PVR.

0 Kudos

Yes I know it takes time to load the Guide after a power-...

budsgirl
Grasshopper

Yes I know it takes time to load the Guide after a power-down (not my first issue with pvrs - have had them for many years).  This is still happening after 24 hours after unplugging.   I don't think I'm the only one with this issue. No issues with pausing live programs or incomplete recordings.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help