No gateway found on portal (?) Unit in bedroom.

Ripdawg65
Grasshopper

We have our main unit in living and a portal in bedroom and one in spare room. Went to use bedroom one a few weeks after spare room was added and it came up stating check connections. Connections were good and tight. So I tried a reset. Now it says bad format image then states its going to upload update, but ends up saying no gateway found. The box also flashes red 3 times then green once before repeating. We have bluesky. Any solutions to resetting on my own or I wonder when they added the spare room a connection came loose outside. 

Labels (1)
9 Replies

... one portal in bedroom and one portal in spare room ...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> one portal in bedroom and one in spare room ...

If you physically swap those two portals, does the problem stay within the same room, or does the problem move with the portal ?

0 Kudos

The problem remains the same. I even replaced the inside...

Ripdawg65
Grasshopper

The problem remains the same. I even replaced the inside cable as the other one had some damage to it previously.

0 Kudos

After you swapped the physical location of the two portal...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

After you swapped the physical location of the two portals, did the problem remain in the "same" room, or did the problem remain with the "same" portal?

0 Kudos

It was same room which leads me to think that maybe it so...

Ripdawg65
Grasshopper

It was same room which leads me to think that maybe it something outside in box the tech was in that screwed up when they added the other room. I'm hoping not and hoping it is an inside problem I could fix

0 Kudos

Based on your description it does sound more likely to be...

shaw-valerie

@Ripdawg65 Based on your description it does sound more likely to be an issue in that room, get in touch with our technical support team here so they can run some additional diagnostics with you and set up a service appointment if needed. 

Thanks. Are there any ideas I could try out that they cou...

Ripdawg65
Grasshopper

Thanks. Are there any ideas I could try out that they could pass along? Right now with work schedule, it's hard to make some time and it is easier to try when I have time. I know that isn't the best way to go about it, but I can at least give it a shot. Not sure what else I could try, tried everything I could find info on. Just seems weird that it stopped working around the time the tech added the new room.

0 Kudos

The steps you've already tried in this thread are really...

shaw-valerie

@Ripdawg65 The steps you've already tried in this thread are really all that we can suggest for you to try out on your own. The fact that this specific box works when you move it to the other room really does point to the issue being signal-related with that specific outlet rather than a hardware/software issue with the portal that you're having trouble with. 

Ok. I will try to arrange a time when I can talk to tech...

Ripdawg65
Grasshopper

Ok. I will try to arrange a time when I can talk to tech support and hopefully it gets fixed without too much hassle. Being in such a small town, the last time we needed a technician, we waited several months for one to be available to come. 

0 Kudos

Try having a look at the connection behind the wall plate...

rickatk
Master

@Ripdawg65 wrote:

Ok. I will try to arrange a time when I can talk to tech support and hopefully it gets fixed without too much hassle. Being in such a small town, the last time we needed a technician, we waited several months for one to be available to come. 

Try having a look at the connection behind the wall plate sometimes they work themselves loose. Otherwise you are going to need a tech visit to get into the exterior box.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help