No video when coming out of sleep mode

Not applicable

Anyone run into an issue where there's not video signal coming from the Bluesky box when you take it out of "sleep mode"? Sometimes there's audio, but often it's just a black screen.  I believe a signal is being received even if it's just a black screen with no audio because my TV doesn't say "no input" or anything.

I've also noticed that when this happens, it says "Resolution Err" on my AVR.  Could it simply be a setting on the Bluesky box that's off? I do have a 4K TV, and the Bluesky 4K box is connected to one of the HDCP 2.2 slots on my AVR (I realize that the only 4K part of the 4K box is its Netflix, so it shouldn't really have any bearing on the normal TV signal).  Could it just be that when you wake up the Bluesky box, there's something preventing it from sending the video signal properly? Yesterday, I got it working again by switching the inputs back and forth, but today I had to unplug the Bluesky box completely/plug it back in to get it working again. 

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies

Re: No video when coming out of sleep mode

Not applicable

Added note: it also just happened after I was watching Netflix on my PS4 - went to go back to watching TV, and I'm staring at a black screen right now (with no audio).  I don't want to reboot because it's probably recoding a show I don't want to interrupt...

Help!!

0 Kudos

Not applicable

It happened again - three days in a row, now. 

why is no one from Shaw responding????

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Got through to live chat - tech is coming tomorrow morning.

0 Kudos

I’m having the same issue. Tv and box are both powered bu...

Luvlucca
Grasshopper

I’m having the same issue. Tv and box are both powered but I just get a black screen and no input option - even when I press that button on my remote

0 Kudos

--- this seems to be the same topic as a previous thread:...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Luvlucca --- this seems to be the same topic as a previous thread:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-discussions/no-video-audio-signal-when-coming-out-of-sleep-mode/td-p/3...

Does pressing "Channel Up" then "Channel Down" have any effect? Or "Volume Up" then "Volume Down" ?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help