noIP for HDbox

Ola111
Grasshopper

My Shaw HD box automatically updated (happened before) this time, it updated and ended up at “noIP” as per the instructions online it said to restart the box but unplugging from coaxial (wall/box) unplug the power and waiting - No success. Found the HDPVR box (meant for another TV) did all the steps and sat at the “noIP” message. Did everything, nothing. Moved my box to another TV, noIP again. Shaw sent me a new box, set it up while on the line and send up with “noIP”

Why am I not getting an IP for the boxes? All the other boxes, TVs are working great! Why and how do I get an IP for this 1 TV/box?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

-- how do I get an IP ... Have you tried directly connect...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Ola111 -- how do I get an IP ...

Have you tried directly connecting to every coaxial wall-port in your residence?  Bypass any coaxial-splitter. Definitely try the wall-port that is working for your cable-modem. As an experiment, temporarily connect your cable-modem into the wall-port that is currently connecting to your TV.

This is a user-to-user discussion forum, and I think that your problem is best handled by directly contacting Shaw (online-chat or telephone). Reconnect the cable-modem before you contact them. Shaw can remotely connect to your cable-modem, and observe the "signal-strength" it receives, implying that your TV box will receive about the same signal-strength. Shaw might be able to remotely-connect to your TV, even though it is showing "No-IP". Maybe.

Thank you MDK for the info. I will try as suggested. As f...

Ola111
Grasshopper

Thank you MDK for the info. I will try as suggested. As for calling Shaw, I did 4 times and twitter and online chat. They all advised to reset, they send signals and nothing. Thought coming on here I’ll get some info and I did. 

0 Kudos

I am not able to view my programming and I have tried to...

lloydwalton
Grasshopper

I am not able to view my programming and I have tried to correct the problem with advise I record from your technicians on-line over the past few days.  What are my options?

0 Kudos

if this issue is still ongoing, touch base with our techn...

shaw-tony

@Ola111 @lloydwalton if this issue is still ongoing, touch base with our technical support team to book a service technician to review the signal outside your home.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help