On Demand Not Maintaining Pause

MSlavin54
Grasshopper

I was watching a show from Shaw on Demand. We were about 45 minutes in and I needed to pause it for a few minutes. When I returned about 15 minutes later it was back on live TV. When I went to resume the show, I had to start from the beginning. This is very annoying as I now have to watch the same 45 minutes that I already watched as there is not FF or skip function available.

Why doesn't it let me resume from where is was paused?

Is there any way to have it pause indefinitely?

This is very annoying!

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Ours has been doing this the last week too. Any fixes?

Rennera
Grasshopper

Ours has been doing this the last week too. Any fixes? 

0 Kudos

There is nothing to fix, this is the way it works.

rstra
Grand Master

@Rennera  There is nothing to fix, this is the way it works.

0 Kudos

Just a thought - I have not tried this.  What happens if...

withheld
Grasshopper

Just a thought - I have not tried this.  What happens if you hit "stop" instead of "pause" and then try to resume?

Of course, one "fix" to this might be to allow fast forwarding/skipping in VOD.  Would also help for those times you only want to use VOD to catch just the end of some show you were watching on a regular channel but missed the end for some reason.
:

We are totally having the same issue.  Not sure what’s ch...

Ktom
Grasshopper

We are totally having the same issue.  Not sure what’s changed, but I remember the show would resume at the point when it stopped.  This seemed to have started over the past few months.  I’m finding this Bluecurve system of Shaw is pretty glitchy with not the greatest features that work… brutal.

It wasn't doing this until recently.

Rennera
Grasshopper

It wasn't doing this until recently. 

0 Kudos

Yes I have been having this issue for about  month now… i...

LC82
Grasshopper

Yes I have been having this issue for about  month now… it’s beyond frustrating! 

0 Kudos

For you, is there a difference between when you "pause" a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

For you, is there a difference between when you "pause" a playback or when you "stop" a playback?

I think that a "pause" eventually causes a "rewind" of the video.

0 Kudos

This is a new thing and very annoying, especially when it...

jlahmed
Grasshopper

This is a new thing and very annoying, especially when it’s on VOD as you can’t fast forward.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help