Jump to solution

Pixels, freezing and cutting out.

Kylee
Grasshopper

For months I've had constant pixelating, cutting out, blacking out etc. I can not watch live TV or recorded TV at times and have to turn on Netflix. I've had 3 techs out in the last few months and all 3 had different excuses, one was rude, one said he would escalate to a superior tech and that one only temporarily fixed it and within days of him leaving the problem returns. The techs have given me new boxes,  cables, splitters you name it. I am at my wits end with my cable. I see a lot of people complaining about this issue for years on the forums but never saw any resolutions.. or solutions. It seems to be some channels ( lower channels like local news etc)  and certain times ( 4pm into late evening ) if anyone can point me in a direction of a solution I'd really appreciate it 🙏 I'm ready to throw my remote through my TV.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- because you and the Shaw technicians have changed all...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Kylee -- because you and the Shaw technicians have changed all the hardware inside your home, the issue must be "elsewhere":

1. the coaxial-cable between the "demarcation" box on the outside of your home and the nearest telephone-pole,
  2. the Shaw infrastructure up-and-down the street -- do your neighbours using Shaw report the same problem?

So, contact Shaw, and get a technician to make a site-visit to check the above hardware.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jump to solution

-- because you and the Shaw technicians have changed all...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Kylee -- because you and the Shaw technicians have changed all the hardware inside your home, the issue must be "elsewhere":

1. the coaxial-cable between the "demarcation" box on the outside of your home and the nearest telephone-pole,
  2. the Shaw infrastructure up-and-down the street -- do your neighbours using Shaw report the same problem?

So, contact Shaw, and get a technician to make a site-visit to check the above hardware.

TALK TO US
We're here to help