Possible Buffer Problem?

biglar
Grasshopper

I have an Gateway system installed Nov 2011 and have been noticing lately I think there is a buffer problem. For example I came in late, about 6:04 PM to watch BC Globe News. When I displayed the time line, there was nothing, I couldn't go back to 6:00 to start from beginning, to watch what I had missed. The same with starting a program recording. If I start it say 8-9 mins after the program started it only records from the time I pushed the rec button to the program end. Shouldn't it buffer to the beginning?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Possible Buffer Problem?

shaw-tony

Hey biglar,

Thank you for reaching out! Are you already on the channels or programs when you try to go back to the beginning of the show or did you just changed channels? I tested the channels to see if the issue came up and see that they are working as expected and I am able to go back to the beginning/record from the beginning.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

biglar
Grasshopper

Thank you for replying Tony. No at the time I was on a different channel but only about 5-6 mins passed 6 PM. I tuned to Glodal news but was expecting to be able to go back the 5-6 mins I missed. So what I'm hearing I can only go back on the channel I'm presently watching but if I change to a different channel I can not?

Biglar

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

if you previously tuned to Global News at 5:30 PM (your last channel), went to a different channel, then went back to Global News you can essentially rewind up to 5:30 PM. If you have not tuned into the Global News previously then there is no buffer to rewind to. Hope that helps!

0 Kudos

srglassw
Grasshopper

Often times when I am watching a live sports event, for example, that is running past the start of another live program that I would like to watch such as the 6:00 news I will do thus. During a commercial break in the sports program I will switch to the news channel and then immediately switch back to the sports program. This makes the news channel my "previous program". Then when the sports program is finished I switch back to the news channel and using the page down button can jump back to the beginning of the news program. Hope this helps to explain how the buffering works.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

yes, that is correct. This way it should buffer the news channel in the background. There is a limitation on how long it will buffer for (I believe it's up to 30 minutes). Give that a try and let me know how it goes!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help