possible to run Bluecurve and Gateway at same site?

CptClarkdale103
Grasshopper

Just migrated to BlueCurve from Gateway (original Gateway, not Bluesky Gateway). Overall its ok but definitely a few drawbacks that I wish I would have known about. My sports mancave is toast!!! I had 4 tvs to watch multiple games (just in this room, not counting other TVs in the house). With Bluecurve I only have 3 Bluecurve (having to pay extra for the 3rd one) TV players for the whole house.

Is there anyway that I can use my Gateway or even old HD-PVR's to just get a basic signal on the additional TVs or once you go BlueCurve are you forced to use the Bluecurve TV player on any set you want to be able to view content on?

Labels (1)
17 Replies

You would require a second account to run the legacy gate...

rstra
Grand Master

You would require a second account to run the legacy gateway system.

0 Kudos

-- Is there any way ... From a Shaw web-page Up to three...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CptClarkdale103 -- Is there any way ...

From a Shaw web-page

Up to three BlueCurve TV boxes can be installed and networked together for Increased storage and tuners. 

In addition, each BlueCurve TV Player (XG1v3) may have up to 3 portals connected, with a 12 TV maximum.

This seems to require only one account.

0 Kudos

mdk. Doesnt appy here as I have Wireless 4K (Xi6) players

CptClarkdale103
Grasshopper

mdk. Doesnt appy here as I have Wireless 4K (Xi6) players

0 Kudos

Does this apply to my old HD-PVR as well?

CptClarkdale103
Grasshopper

Does this apply to my old HD-PVR as well?

0 Kudos

-- Doesn't apple here as I have Wireless 4K (Xi6) players...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CptClarkdale103 -- Doesn't apple here as I have Wireless 4K (Xi6) players

Well, you did ask for "any way" to get picture onto up to 12 TVs.  🙂

> Does this apply to my old HD-PVR as well?

I am not sure what you mean by "this" ?

Shaw allows you to have multiple PVRs (Motorola, Pace, Gateway) on one account. I don't know about the technical issues about having multiple BlueCurve devices.

You probably know that the Shaw Gateway uses MOCA to drive multiple TV screens.

0 Kudos

That 1st comment was a reply to another response that sd...

CptClarkdale103
Grasshopper
That 1st comment was a reply to another response that sd id need a seperate account to run legacy gateway and bluecurve gateway.

I've hooked up my old Motorola HDPVR but theres no signal. What would I have to do to get this running on the same account as my bluecurve gateway?
Thanks for the input!
0 Kudos

You would require a separate account to run any legacy eq...

rstra
Grand Master

You would require a separate account to run any legacy equipment with BlueCurve, including Motorola stand alone PVRs, non PVRs and the Gateway system. They can be physically connected to your cable, but won’t work without another account. 

0 Kudos

-- I've hooked up my old Motorola HDPVR but there is no s...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CptClarkdale103 -- I've hooked up my old Motorola HDPVR but there is no signal. What would I have to do to get this running on the same account as my BlueCurve gateway?

I recommend that you contact Shaw (online-chat is currently given priority over telephone) and get an authoritative response from Shaw on how to "activate" that Motorola HD PVR, or whether it is even possible to add it to your current account.

0 Kudos

I will save you the trouble of calling Shaw.  Can BlueCur...

rstra
Grand Master

I will save you the trouble of calling Shaw. 

Can BlueCurve TV co-exist with old Gateway/HD Guide hardware?
No, BlueCurve TV is designed to be an all-in-one product and is not designed to co-exist with any legacy Shaw video hardware.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/bluecurve-tv-frequently-asked-questions/ta-p/5904

TALK TO US
We're here to help