Progress Bar

Gunns71
Grasshopper

I am new to Bluesky TV and am trying to figure out how the progress bar works on playback.

When I am playing a recorded show the progress bar at the bottom of the screen has spaces in it and a red line that seems to move.  The red line doesn't represent how much of the show is recorded (while in progress) because I can fast forward past the end of the red line.

Then there are the spaces.  The last recording I watched had a long portion of the progress bar as a solid line, then a space and another portion.

Can someone tell me what the red line and the spaced represent on the progress bar?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Sorry for the delayed reply to your thread. I've done som...

shaw-valerie

@Gunns71 Sorry for the delayed reply to your thread. I've done some testing on my end, but haven't really found the progress bar behaviour to be 100% consistent, especially when it comes to in-progress recordings. Typically, the entire progress bar should represent the length of the recording, and the red portion during in-progress recordings the amount that has been recorded. In my own experience though, particularly when it concerns live events being recorded, which I suspect is due to the feature to auto-extend the length of recordings of live events in case they run longer than scheduled. In testing it seems like the red progress bar displays the amount of the program which has been recorded when playback starts, but doesn't continue to update during playback, so it does eventually reach a point where you can fast-forward beyond that progress.

As far as i can see, the segmented progress bar does not have any effect on the playback of recordings, but if you're seeing any issues there, definitely let me know what errors you're encountering! 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help