PVR channel changing.

tbogue
Grasshopper

When using the shaw remote up/down channel changer or the last channel used swapper the PVR responds correctly. But if I enter a number (say changing from channel 189 to 243) the PVR just flashs the first digit of the number 243 and then goes back to 211. I have tried with a different remote and same result. Do PVR's need software updates or is this a common problem

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

How quickly are you pressing the 2nd and 3rd digits, afte...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

How quickly are you pressing the 2nd and 3rd digits, after pressing the 1st digit? If you are too "slow", the Shaw PVR might think that the "2" was a "butt-dial", and it is cancelling the "2".

If you try selecting channel "111" or "222" or "333", does it work?

Are you aiming the remote-control towards the Shaw PVR? Bad "aim" can cause the PVR to not receive the signals.

0 Kudos

Problem Solved. Voltage of batteries in the remote was at...

tbogue
Grasshopper

Problem Solved.

Voltage of batteries in the remote was at 0.98  which allowed all functions included fast forward etc. to work perfectly except

three numbers in a row for channel changing. Tried and old remote and the new remote with the same results but I did use the same

batteries (dumb move apparently).

So if in doubt check the batteries (one of the things I usually do first). Lesson learned I hope.

0 Kudos

> Voltage of batteries in the remote was at 0.98   It's a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Voltage of batteries in the remote was at 0.98  

It's also good to use a quality "multi-meter" to check the "amperage" of the batteries -- from 5 to 7 amperes when they are new, but probably under 1 ampere when "used-but-still-apparently-working".  Compare to one person trying to push-start an automobile, versus 5 to 7 of them trying the same task.

Be kind to the environment -- responsibly recycle those old batteries -- probably at the store where you bought the replacements, rather than sending them to the land-fill.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help