PVR not working

TheWisp
Grasshopper

Last night my neighborhood had a power outage for a couple of minutes. When restored, my PVR started flashing "8888" for a few minutes and then turned itself off and then on again still flashing "8888". It's been doing this for the last 12 hours. I unplugged the PVR for at least 30 seconds and plugged it back in. Same results! Still keeps flashing "8888" turning itself on and off, apparently trying to reconnect. Any other suggestions?

Labels (1)
4 Replies

The pvr is likely dead, you will need to contact Shaw tec...

rstra
Grand Master

The pvr is likely dead, you will need to contact Shaw technical support. 

0 Kudos

The PVR box could be out, if it was rebotted manually. I...

ronaldoantonio1
Grasshopper

The PVR box could be out, if it was rebotted manually. I phoned Shaw, and explained that my PVR box shut down. All I saw was PSLD on display. The technical department did a reboot which did not work. The tech sent over to my place took my old box away. Lost over 300 recorded films. The last one went dead after 2 1/2 months. Shaw is getting horrible. I fully understand how you feel. If I do not get the proper service, I am leaving Shaw after 15 years. Hell with the contract. Shaw should be punished legally and taught a lesson. 

0 Kudos

-- The tech sent over to my place took my old box away. L...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ronaldoantonio1 -- The tech sent over to my place took my old box away. Lost over 300 recorded films. T

The older "Gateway PVR" stored the content on a disk-drive inside the box.

The newer "BlueCurve PVR" stores programs on Shaw's "cloud". So, if a BlueCurve were to fail, just replace it.  All the content on the "cloud" will still be available.

So, insist on getting the BlueCurve PVR as a replacement.

Shaw states that there is no way to transfer the stored content from any of the older PVRs to any other PVR.

0 Kudos

Those HDGuide boxes are getting pretty old, so issues are...

rstra
Grand Master

@ronaldoantonio1   Those HDGuide boxes are getting pretty old, so issues are likely to continue. There could also be a signal problem in the home, hopefully the technician also addressed that possibilty. 

0 Kudos