PVR -- Problem with Folder Title

bob171
Grasshopper
For several months I have been having a problem with the Title on my Folders in Recordings.  This is primarily sports folders.
Currently, for example, I have this...

(1) The TITLE on the Folder is >> PGA Tour Golf - WGC HSBC Champions, Third Round (5)
Items in Folder...
The RSM Classic, First Round
Mayakoba Golf Classic, Final Round
Mayakoba Golf Classic, Third Round
Mayakoba Golf Classic, Second Round
Mayakoba Golf Classic, First Round

(2) The TITLE on the Folder is >> European PGA Tour Golf - Turkish Airlines Open, Third Round (4)
Items in the Folder...
DP World Tour Chamionship, First Round
Nedbank Golf Challenge, Final  Round
Nedbank Golf Challenge, Third  Round
Nedbank Golf Challenge, Second  Round

(3) The TITLE on the Folder is >> NBA Basketball - Toronto Raptors at Dallas Mavericks (3)
Items in the Folder...
Orlando Magic at Toronto Raptors
Toronto Raptors at Portland Trail Blazers
Toronto Raptors at New Orleans Pelicans

The TITLE that is being used seems to be from an item that I previously recorded and then deleted.

The PVR is Arris DCX3510-M.  I have an expander.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Folder titles for series recordings are taken from the ti...

shaw-valerie

@bob171 Folder titles for series recordings are taken from the title of the program that appears in the guide, so for sports the folder title will display in this manner. 

0 Kudos

Hi Valerie, For a series like Murdoch Mysteries you are c...

bob171
Grasshopper
Hi Valerie,
For a series like Murdoch Mysteries you are correct.  The folder title would be "Murdoch Mysteries" and it would have the Series Number folder which then contains the names of the individual episodes.
For sports programming things are different.
For sports program folder titles, Shaw has the name of the sport, "NBA Basketball" for example, and then it has the teams that were playing -- "NBA Basketball - Toronto Raptors at Dallas Mavericks".
Under this title Shaw has "Series 0" as the generic name because there are no "series" for sports.
Then, within the "Series 0" folder there would be other games that were recorded from that same channel.  See my first comment for an example of this.
For many years Shaw has listed the most recently recorded game as part of the main folder title.
But now, for several months, Shaw has not been updating the main folder title with the most recently recorded game.
The result of this is that the main folder title does relate to games within that main folder.  See my first comment for an example of this.
Thanks,
Bob
0 Kudos

Hi Valerie, Any update on this one? Thanks, Bob

bob171
Grasshopper

Hi Valerie,

Any update on this one?

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos

Any update on this one?