PVR Recording Game on Blackout Channel

Wposch
Grasshopper

I arrived home from work today, excited to watch the Oilers game already in progress. I currently have my Blue Curve PVR set up for a “series recording” to record all Oiler games. So, go into the recordings menu, turn on the game, and see a screen saying “This Program is Not Available in Your Region”. For whatever reason, the PVR “decided” to record the game on a blacked out TSN channel instead of the Sportsnet West channel where Oilers games are ALWAYS shown

Why would this even happen??? 

Labels (1)
3 Replies

-- have you configured the schedule for "all channels" or...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Wposch -- have you configured the schedule for "all channels" or just the SportsNet West channel?

Can you add another schedule item for Oiler games on just the TSN channel?

0 Kudos

Yes, I believe it is configured to "all channels". Not su...

Wposch
Grasshopper

Yes, I believe it is configured to "all channels". Not sure if there is an option for selecting a specific channel to record on.

I do remember, before I had Blue Curve, that I was able to pick and choose what channel the PVR would use to record a program. I have looked through the menus and have yet to come across this ability with the Blue Curve PVR. Maybe I am missing something somewhere?

I had the same issue. Also, today's game recorded the NHL...

scartled
Grasshopper

I had the same issue. Also, today's game recorded the NHL placeholder from SNPacific rather than the actual game on SNWest. I see no options under the recording properties to specify the channel, only HD or SD preferred. This is quite disappointing.

TALK TO US
We're here to help