PVR says NO Listings Available

Darkwing
Grasshopper

For 4 days now the screen of my PVR is completely blank except to say "NO Listings Available" at the top and PVR 93% Full. that't it. I cannot see the content stored on the PVR, nor can I delete or record because there is no access. to the content. I can press record in the TV Guide and the red button is present, but if I go to the PVR there is no show to see. I called Shaw support on March 16th and was told this was happening to quite a few customers and they didn't know how long it would take fix it. I then had a 2 hour live chat today on March 19th with tech support. He had me disconnect and reconnect everything and he reset my PVR several times all to no avail. I did some looking around online and found this link.  https://forum.telus.com/t5/Optik-TV/Wireless-Digital-Box-no-longer-listing-recordings-Serious/td-p/9...

Although it was an issue with aTELUS customer I think it might be relevant here too. The agents have not been able to give me any information or answers and my PVR is still unusable. Is anyone else experiencing this or know of how to fix it? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Which cable box do you have?

rstra
Grand Master

Which cable box do you have?

0 Kudos

HI, Grand Master, I have an old PVR DCX3400-M.

Darkwing
Grasshopper

HI, Grand Master,

I have an old PVR DCX3400-M.

0 Kudos

Are the channels coming through ok, just not recording? I...

rstra
Grand Master

Are the channels coming through ok, just not recording? It is an old box, likely a bad hard drive.

Yes, all of the channels are functioning and I can still...

Darkwing
Grasshopper

Yes, all of the channels are functioning and I can still access Shaw On Demand through the remote, but the PVR is essentially blank so I can't see any of the programs that have been stored on it. Nor CAN I access or delete programs and if I try to records something I NOW get this error message that says "Unable to process your request, Please Call customer service and report code NCAP." Even if a show was recording I wouldn't be ablate see it or access it on the PVR. In my last post I posted a link to an article I found and in that case it turned out to be the Access Point. 

0 Kudos

The DCX has nothing to do with the internet. I would cont...

rstra
Grand Master

The DCX has nothing to do with the internet. I would contact Shaw and ask them to send a replacement box.

0 Kudos

-- on your PVR, can you "pause" a live program, and use t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Darkwing -- on your PVR, can you "pause" a live program, and use the "back 15 seconds" or "back 15 minutes" or "slow rewind"  buttons to "time-warp" backward?

If not, I agree with @rstra -- the disk-drive inside your antique PVR has ceased to be. It is not resting. It is pushing up daisies. It is an ex-PVR.

There is a Youtube video on how to access its built-in menu, and then to do a lot more -- which you do not want to do.

One of the choices on the first menu that is displayed is "DVR/HDD status". Use "down-arrow" a few times, and then "OK", to display the details.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help