ROKU

Springcleaner
Grasshopper

Unable to activate Global, CBC or Amazon Prime on ROKU. ROKU and the streaming channels themselves have tried to assist but are unable to fix this problem. Could SHAW be somehow blocking this?

Labels (1)
6 Replies

Are you trying to login to Global and CBC with your Shaw...

rstra
Grand Master

Are you trying to login to Global and CBC with your Shaw username and password? Does your Shaw amd Prime usernames and passwords work on other devices?

0 Kudos

-- Unable to activate Global ... What happens when you tr...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Springcleaner -- Unable to activate Global ...

What happens when you try to activate? Error-message? Credentials accepted, but unable to stream any content?

> Could SHAW be somehow blocking this?

Doubtful. You tell Global that you want to enter your Shaw ID & password, and you get a window where you enter the values. Shaw's server validates the ID/password, and sends an "OK to continue on Global" response to Global. So far, the ROKU is not involved, except to show you Global's web-page and Shaw's web-form. Do you get that far, after entering your Shaw ID/password?

0 Kudos

Open on ROKU, get code to activate.  Activate on computer...

Springcleaner
Grasshopper

Open on ROKU, get code to activate.  Activate on computer as directed but will not stream.  At no time do I ever enter Shaw ID/password. i have talked to ROKU and PRIME at length and they do not know what is wrong.  No difficulty with Netflix, or Acorn.

0 Kudos

Are you able to try signing in to Prime with your Amazon...

rstra
Grand Master

@Springcleaner Are you able to try signing in to Prime with your Amazon username and password, instead of using the code?

0 Kudos

no

Springcleaner
Grasshopper

no

0 Kudos

It's a Roku issue with BlueCurve. I've spent hours and wi...

DADIGOUDIE
Grasshopper

It's a Roku issue with BlueCurve. I've spent hours and will be returning all SHAW devices. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help