Screen Mirroring from Samsung Phone or I pad

Alistair2
Grasshopper

I have a Hisense and Samsung TV and can't seem to watch Shaw on either tv via screen share or screen mirroring. I can share any image from my devices onto the tv, however, when playing via shaw blue curve app on my device it just won't play and comes up with an error message. I can share anything else such as netflix, prime or you tube. Does anyone else have the same issue?

8 Replies

If you are talking about Shaw BlueCurve TV app (formerly...

rickatk
Master

@Alistair2 wrote:

I have a Hisense and Samsung TV and can't seem to watch Shaw on either tv via screen share or screen mirroring. I can share any image from my devices onto the tv, however, when playing via shaw blue curve app on my device it just won't play and comes up with an error message. I can share anything else such as netflix, prime or you tube. Does anyone else have the same issue?

If you are talking about Shaw BlueCurve TV app (formerly FreeRange) I don’t believe you can cast the app from your mobile device to your TV. Live tv anyway. Some on demand shows can be cast.

Thanks. I tried some on demand tv and movies. Same problem.

Alistair2
Grasshopper

Thanks. I tried some on demand tv and movies. Same problem. 

0 Kudos

> comes up with an error message. What is that message? A...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> comes up with an error message.

What is that message?

Are you using a Google ChromeCast device to "cast" the screen to your TV?

0 Kudos

I use Apple TV. Kinda knew what to expect.

rickatk
Master

@mdk 

I use Apple TV. Kinda knew what to expect. They have it pretty locked down. I am sure the concern is that if the BlueCurve TV app could be steamed there would be little need for Blue Curve TV gear. Blue Curve hardware revenues would be cannibalized.  Imagine an Apple TV or other streaming device or Smart TV able to stream the BlueCure TV app. Game changer.

The way I see it:

Beef up the Wireless TV player with more apps ...cool.

Put Blue Curve TV app on other streaming platforms...cool.

0 Kudos

> if the BlueCurve TV app could be steamed Steamed? I wat...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> if the BlueCurve TV app could be steamed

Steamed? I watched too many James Bond movies last weekend -- shaken, not stirred, and not STEAMED🙂

> Blue Curve hardware revenues would be cannibalized.  

Huh? My Shaw Bill shows $4/month for "rental" of a Shaw Gateway, and an offsetting $4 credit.  No revenue to Shaw from me!

Imagine ... able to stream the BlueCure TV app.

Cure for bad spelling?  🙂

I also watched "Blue Bloods", where a "Blue Flu" was threatened, and the response from 1-P-P was "Blood Day".

0 Kudos

How to get the Blue Curve mobile app to stream to or otherwise connect to a tv.

rickatk
Master

Poor spelling on my part notwithstanding...ugh! I have a follow up question. Is it just the Airplay / Chromecast that is blocked? Is there a way to get the BlueCurve home app to connect to a tv.  I have heard maybe a direct connection to the tv over HDMI or perhaps to an Apple TV. Any ideas?

0 Kudos

"screen mirroring bluecurve not currently supported" come...

Stumeat
Grasshopper

"screen mirroring bluecurve not currently supported" comes up on my phone for bluecurvetv.  I can mirror almost anything but bluecurve. 

0 Kudos

Only casting to a Chromecast device or Airplay are suppor...

rstra
Grand Master

@Stumeat  Only casting to a Chromecast device or Airplay are supported.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help