Jump to solution

Series Recording Failure - Red Circle with Line Thru It

AByyc
Grasshopper

We have the BlueSky TV system and has been working well until recently. In the last few days, some series recordings are simply not recording. If I look-up the show in the guide, I see an icon of a red circle with a line thru it (see image below).

Here’s one particular example: I tape Good Morning America at 5:00am (Calgary time) on Channel 141 from Detroit. This series recording is failing. I then tried to tape the west coast version of the same show (Channel 111 from Spokane at 8:00am Calgary time) as a single recording, and got the same red circle with line thru and the show does not record.

If I look in the list of scheduled recordings, this show does not appear.

We have some other series recording that are being affected in a similar manner.

4DD909D7-0CC6-4C7C-8F3A-DC62476DE836.jpeg

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

The do not enter sign shows before the recording, like fo...

AByyc
Grasshopper

The do not enter sign shows before the recording, like for future series recording instances.

UPDATE: Have been troubleshooting with Shaw Support thru chat, and have resolved, after stop/starting both the Gateway and the individual cable box.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jump to solution

-- Is your BlueCurve recording onto the 500 GB disk-drive...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@AByyc -- Is your BlueCurve recording onto the 500 GB disk-drive inside of it? Is it "full"?

Is your BlueCurve working as a "Cloud PVR" ? Have you filled your quota of storage?

Does anything record? It could be a bad area on the disk-drive that cannot be recorded onto.

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not an official path to contact Shaw Support.

I recommend that you contact Shaw Support; currently, online chat has priority over telephone.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

We have the Cloud PVR and it says that it is only 10% uti...

AByyc
Grasshopper

@mdk We have the Cloud PVR and it says that it is only 10% utilized, so space is not an issue. Other shows are recording correctly. 

I’m curious why these shows are:
A) not recording, and
B) why they show in the guide with the red circle with the line thru it. It’s as if the guide knows the show is unrecordable?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- why they show in the guide with the red circle with th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@AByyc -- why they show in the guide with the red circle with the line thru it

Does it show that "one way -- do not enter" traffic sign BEFORE the recording starts, or only AFTER attempting to record?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The do not enter sign shows before the recording, like fo...

AByyc
Grasshopper

The do not enter sign shows before the recording, like for future series recording instances.

UPDATE: Have been troubleshooting with Shaw Support thru chat, and have resolved, after stop/starting both the Gateway and the individual cable box.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi am having the same problem. When you say the problem i...

DJMllr
Grasshopper

Hi am having the same problem.

When you say the problem is resolved by "stopping/starting" the boxes, do you mean that you unplug and replug the electrical?  I tried that and it didn't make any difference.

Anyone else have any solutions?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

--  I tried that and it didn't make any difference. Note...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DJMllr --  I tried that and it didn't make any difference.

Note that @AByyc contacted Shaw Support. Perhaps, Shaw did more trouble-shooting that @AByyc did not mention ?

I recommend that you contact Shaw Support.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help