Shaw Arris Gateway won't display 1080P

Not applicable

original model, rent movie on Shaw on Demand in 1080P it only displays 1080i on multiple TV's, shaw office and shaw technical support cannot resolve, anyone have any ideas, thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Shaw Arris Gateway won't display 1080P

shaw-tony

Hey neweyjeskel,

Thank you for reaching out! It is likely the equipment is not set in 1080p mode. Please follow the steps here and set it to 1080p 30hz. Let me know if you run into any hiccups.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Thanks for answering. That is not the issue. Shaw office and Shaw technical support have already tried to resolve, so we have looked at the obvious Shaw guides etc already. 

Any other ideas?

Thanks

neweyjeskel

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

where are you seeing the notification that the video is playing in 1080i mode? You should be able to unselect that (1080i, etc) setting in the steps above and select only all 1080p options in TV setup. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Hi shaw-tony, the home theater projector and/or the lcd tv show 1080i when you check display info on the tv. When I play a blu ray it shows 1080p, when I rent a movie that is 1080p on shaw on demand it shows as 1080i. regular HD tv from shaw displays in 1080i, so I need to have 1080i turned on the shaw box?? shouldn't the 1080P movie from shaw demand see that I have 1080P turned on and play at 1080P ??

thanks for taking the time to help me

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

I would recommend disabling the 1080i option first. This way it should display 1080p natively. Yes, the 1080P movie should auto change the settings, I would recommend trying a different HDMI cord to see if that will change the settings that are displayed. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help