Shaw cable, Gateway (not Blue Curve) system, Samsung Smart TV, unable to connect to Netflix

susanhutton
Grasshopper

I have

1) Shaw cable,

2) Gateway (not Blue Curve) system,

3) Samsung Smart TV with a Harmony 665 Universal Remote.

I am unable to access Netflix. When I turn on the TV, I can see the Netflix app on the lower screen but nothing on my remote allows me to get to that app to open it. I have asked this question of Geek Squad who installed the system, Samsung and Logitech Harmony Remote. No one has a solution. I can't find anything on Shaw's website. 

Not currently able to get the Blue Curve system so please do not suggest it. I am trying to work with the systems I have.  

Please, please, please can someone provide a solution to this problem?

Labels (1)
2 Replies

I donโ€™t believe you can access internet apps like Netflix...

rickatk
Master

@susanhutton wrote:

I have

1) Shaw cable,

2) Gateway (not Blue Curve) system,

3) Samsung Smart TV with a Harmony 665 Universal Remote.

I am unable to access Netflix. When I turn on the TV, I can see the Netflix app on the lower screen but nothing on my remote allows me to get to that app to open it. I have asked this question of Geek Squad who installed the system, Samsung and Logitech Harmony Remote. No one has a solution. I can't find anything on Shaw's website. 

Not currently able to get the Blue Curve system so please do not suggest it. I am trying to work with the systems I have.  

Please, please, please can someone provide a solution to this problem?

I donโ€™t believe you can access internet apps like Netflix, Prime or YouTube using older Shaw platforms like Gateway.

Using your Samsung TV remote you should be able to navigate to the Netflix icon and login.You will of course need a Netflix subscription.

To get your Harmony remote to work try going to the remote setup in the TV control panel and add the remote. Alternatively try getting the remote to work with the TV using the remotes built in codes.

0 Kudos

>  I have asked this question of Geek Squad who installed...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  I have asked this question of Geek Squad who installed the system, Samsung and Logitech Harmony Remote. No one has a solution.

That is one "thumbs-down" to Geek Squad. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I presume that your Samsung is a "Smart TV". Did they run an Ethernet cable from your Gateway into the TV, or did they configure the WiFi on the Samsung to connect to one of the WiFi networks on your Gateway? Or, neither -- another "thumbs-down" to them.

You have to "program" your Harmony remote to send the correct signals to the Samsung.

The correct codes for your Samsung are: 10812, 10060, 10178, 10030, 10019, 10039, 10056, 10567, 10766, 10814, 11959.

Enter one of these codes into your remote, and try to use the "arrow" buttons on your remote to change the TV display (highlighted box, or mouse-pointer). If necessary, try the next code.

> I can't find anything on Shaw's website.

What did you find on Harmony's web-site, with respect to "programming" their remote-control?

TALK TO US
We're here to help