Shaw cable TV in an Apple TV window

tc10
Grasshopper

Can I watch Shaw cable TV channels while using Apple TV? 

Labels (1)
8 Replies

-- you are not the first to ask this question. See: https...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@tc10 -- you are not the first to ask this question.

See: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-discussions/freerange-tv-is-available-on-apple-tv/td-p/2706

for another thread.

Hi Shaw support. Why can't Shaw TV work with Apple TV on...

tc10
Grasshopper

Hi Shaw support.

Why can't Shaw TV work with Apple TV on Mirrored Screen using AirPlay?  Other Canadian cable providers seem to have ability to show their content on Apple TV (even with Apps).
If I start watching a show on my Macbook and then use airplay to share to AppleTV it puts up this error message???

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 1.26.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-08 at 1.25.35 PM.pngIMG_3301.JPGIMG_3302.JPG

0 Kudos

It has been over 3 years and Shaw has made many advanceme...

tc10
Grasshopper

It has been over 3 years and Shaw has made many advancements.
Hopefully for Apple Airplay or a Shaw App for AppleTV soon. 

0 Kudos

The BlueCurve platform is developed by Comcast and Shaw w...

rstra
Grand Master

@tc10 The BlueCurve platform is developed by Comcast and Shaw would have to wait for them to either  open up AirPlay or to create an AppleTV app. 

Thanks for the update re:Comcast I guess if we do not as...

tc10
Grasshopper

Thanks for the update re:Comcast

I guess if we do not ask they will not know that we want an app for AppleTV!!  😀👍

0 Kudos

tc10
Grasshopper

... delete

0 Kudos

There have been a lot of requests for an app, I hope to s...

rstra
Grand Master

@tc10 There have been a lot of requests for an app, I hope to see one soon too, I use Chromecast, which works well but can be clumsy and would not be as good as an actual app.

My experience with GoogleTV + has actually been pretty go...

rickatk
Master

@rstra wrote:

@tc10 There have been a lot of requests for an app, I hope to see one soon too, I use Chromecast, which works well but can be clumsy and would not be as good as an actual app.

My experience with GoogleTV + has actually been pretty good. I found the dongle and software to be very responsive. The dongle runs the TV hardware”volume and on/off and the usual TV apps. The Chromecast solution also casts Blue Curve and Apple TV. I have been using the Chromecast dongle with Google TV with my cel phone on the road at RV parks. At my summer place, wifi calling provides the data connection I need. My wife uses the setup with no problems and can access her PVR recordings. An Apple TV hardware solution would have been nice but the Chromecast solution is no compromise! 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help