Shaw cable tv

Dora2
Grasshopper

When I switch to watch Netflix everything is fine but I have lost the shaw icon on the bottom of the screen to switch back to tv. In search I type in shaw or shaw cable and I get nothing. I have to disconnect the tv box and from the tv to reset. Do I need to download shaw onto my computer to display the icon on my smart tv? If so , how do I do it? I need help.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

-- does your smart-TV have a WiFi or Ethernet connection...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Dora2 -- does your smart-TV have a WiFi or Ethernet connection to your cable-modem?

Does your smart-TV have the Netflix app on it?

Your smart-TV has multiple inputs, e.g., HDMI#1, HDMI#2, and wired/wireless from your cable-modem.

Use the TV's remote control (or the Shaw remote control) to select the "input" (or "source") that you want to become the "active" display onto your TV's screen.

You may want to press "stop" on Netflix, to prevent "autoplay" from showing consecutive programs that you will not see when watching TV.

0 Kudos

I have had the exact problem for the last few months (Sha...

NotATechie
Grasshopper

I have had the exact problem for the last few months (Shaw icon gone from home screen on my Samsung smart tv). I finally figured it out so hope this helps others with the same problem:

- Go to the Home Screen using your Samsung universal remote

- Select “source” icon on the bottom left of Home Screen 

- Select “universal remote”

- Follow the steps on the screen. When prompted to select the program/icon to add, TYPE in “Shaw” and then search (Shaw was not displayed on the list of programs available for me). Option for “Shaw” or “Shaw Direct” came up for me and I selected just “Shaw”. 
- My tv then went through the process of testing if my universal remote could properly change channels from the Shaw guide. 
- Once completed, I went back to the Home Screen and the Shaw icon was back on display with my other icons like Netflix, Prime TV, etc

Hope that helps!

Thank you for sharing your experience!  Your solution wor...

pk66
Grasshopper

Thank you for sharing your experience!  Your solution worked perfectly for me and no doubt saved me hours of frustration!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help