Shaw HDPVR Gateway trouble when ...

PeterCooke
Grasshopper

Just finished installing three BlueCurve TV Player Wireless 4K units on three upstairs tv's in the bedrooms. Everything works great, no issues at all with set-up, activation and operation. 

The existing Shaw BlueCurve Gateway HDPVR in the living room downstairs, which has always worked perfectly right up to the exact time i did the system reboot while activating the three upstairs satellites, keeps failing during reboot with error code RDK-03009 and will not connect. It says to check all wired connections and retry, which i have now done 5 times. I keep getting "please tighten your cable connections and restart".

RDK-03009 does NOT appear in the list of common fault codes.

To note, nothing was touched on or around the living room TV--HDPVR GATEWAY--BlueCurve WiFi Modem in any way. It was not part of the process to activate the satellite wireless 4K players upstairs. However, it WAS during the activation process of those units that the BlueCurve Gateway in the living room lost connection.

I am puzzled though why i was sent four 4K wireless satellites when i made it very clear i needed three for three upstairs bedrooms. Does the forth one need to be integrated somehow (of which there is no mention of in the set-up instructions) into the BlueCurve HDPVR Gateway in the living room ?

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Apologies if there was any miscommunication or lack of in...

shaw-valerie

@PeterCooke Apologies if there was any miscommunication or lack of instruction provided from the representative that had booked your initial order, for BlueCurve TV wireless boxes, all TVs must use that equipment, which is why you would have been sent one for each of your TVs, and why your prior box had stopped working once you activated the new equipment. 

0 Kudos

-- I am puzzled though why i was sent four 4K wireless sa...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@PeterCooke -- I am puzzled though why i was sent four 4K wireless satellites when i made it very clear i needed three for three upstairs bedrooms.

Having a fourth one lets you physically locate the BlueCurve box exactly in the "centre" of your home (but close to a coaxial wall-port), at a "central" location that provide sthe best-possible WiFi signal throughout your home. Then, use 3 boxes upstairs and the 4th box for your 4th TV.

Or, maybe, they come "2-in-one-packing-box" ???

Q: Why did Prince Charles have 2 sons?

A: To have one heir, and one spare.

Similarly, having 4 boxes gives you a "spare".

Note that the first model of the Shaw Gateway PVR (which you do not have) did not have any HDMI output -- you needed a portal to drive your "primary" TV.

0 Kudos

So, none of my boxes will work unless all three are plugg...

LindaWoodman531
Grasshopper

So, none of my boxes will work unless all three are plugged in?

0 Kudos

Which equipment do you have?

rstra
Grand Master

@LindaWoodman531  Which equipment do you have?

0 Kudos

-- if you have the most-recent hardware, each box that co...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LindaWoodman531 -- if you have the most-recent hardware, each box that connects via WiFi must be powered-on, to connect with the powered-on "primary" unit. The other WiFi boxes can stay powered-off until you want to use them.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help