Shaw on Demand Missing from new Red Gateway Menu after update overnight

AndyK
Grasshopper

PPV is there but no VOD. And no VOD content on gateway system.  Selected items show in red. Was working yesterday before update.

Labels (1)
7 Replies

I have the same problem. I found the program I wanted thr...

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

I have the same problem. I found the program I wanted through Search. Went to play it (it says "Rent" now). Got an error. 

"Episode Rental   This item failed to rent. Please try again. OK."

I clicked OK, nothing happened. I tried OK several times, as well as Zoom, Back, Next. Nothing worked. Had to click the Live button to get out of there.

It seems to be working now. And the red highlighting is g...

AndyK
Grasshopper

It seems to be working now. And the red highlighting is gone. 

0 Kudos

Not working here yet.

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

Not working here yet.

0 Kudos

Are you experiencing this issue with only a specific titl...

shaw-valerie

@rickchicorli Are you experiencing this issue with only a specific title, or with all Video on Demand content? What troubleshooting steps have you tried already? 

0 Kudos

How do I know if I have received this latest update ????...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

How do I know if I have received this latest update ???? Right now my software update is 18.7.6C7XR-P.527434 and I have no idea if my Gateway has been updated or not. By the way - on the update page ( https://support.shaw.ca/t5/service-updates-outages/nov-16-dec-11-gateway-user-interface-update/ta-p/... ) I cannot tell the difference on the before and after pictures for the User Interface Tweaks. 

EDIT - I guess my Gateway hasn't had the update yet because I checked one of the Stingray channels and it's still not showing the album cover when a new song starts.

0 Kudos

The UI tweaks are subtle, it's a bit easier to see if you...

shaw-valerie

@bostonbob The UI tweaks are subtle, it's a bit easier to see if you click on the images to open the larger view, that the cell background has been changed from black to deep teal so there's less of a harsh contrast. 

The Gateway software updates roll out incrementally over a period rather than all at once at a specific time, so could happen anytime between now and December 11, but if you'd like to update right away get in touch with our technical support team here and they can push the update manually to your equipment. 

0 Kudos

I haven't been able to check it for aa couple of days. I...

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

I haven't been able to check it for aa couple of days. I tried it now. It is working properly again. Thank you!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help