Shaw PPP Sucks

pickle-1961_
Grasshopper

i am very disappointed with Shaws PPV of UFC 235.i would think for $55 u should be able to get the pre-lims or undercard;but,that wasnt the case.I had signed up for the fights around 7:45p.m. and was watching a few interviews,and when 8:00p.m. rolled around my sreen went blank.I phoned Shaw to find out what had happened and was on hold for 45-50 minutes.The Shaw guy got the tv working,but by then i had missed the first two fights of the main card.So,long story short;i paid $55 for 3 fights.Like i had said before,for $55 u should be able to see the pre-lims,also.I am seriously thinking of joining Tie Domis Comwave group for 6 months free and then $90 a month for tv,internet &home phone.I am currently paying $135/month for a middle-of-the-road cable package and high speed lite(slow)internet package.i sure hope Shaw compensates me somehow for this travesty.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Re: Shaw PPP Sucks

shaw-tamara

Hi pickle-1961! 

We apologize for the troubles with this. I know it's very frustrating when you don't get to see the entire match. Sometimes when an event starts, the cable box doesn't receive the signal properly to show that the event has been purchased. When that happens, you can usually fix it by changing the channel for a moment and then switching back. I know that doesn't help now, but you can always try that if it happens again in the future.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your package or your bill, we'd recommend reaching out to our customer support team and they can take a look for you. 

0 Kudos

Re: Shaw PPP Sucks

mariok
Grasshopper

The same issue has happened to me on numerous occasions. How can Shaw expect to keep their clients when they can't correct these ongoing issues is amazing to me. Perhaps it's time to move onto another provider. I'm sure they would be happy to have the thousands of dollars a year I pay between cable service, PPV, internet, etc...

0 Kudos

I disconnected from shaw TV for zero support. long waits...

stephenvv
Grasshopper

I disconnected from shaw TV for zero support. long waits holding on the phone....they cant fix the issues with TV feed, gletches, shut downs, reboots, etc... but yet less then 30 sec. your service is cut off when you tell them your not paying for horrible service.  Heads up Shaw. you sell service nothing else.. 

0 Kudos

I'm not going to tell you to stay with SHAW or to go else...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@pickle-1961_ wrote:

I am seriously thinking of joining Tie Domis Comwave group for 6 months free and then $90 a month for tv,internet &home phone.

I'm not going to tell you to stay with SHAW or to go elsewhere but I will say this - check out customer review as there seems to be a few reasons that Comwave is also known as Con wave.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help