Shaw really screwed up tonight

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

Was all excited for the premiere of a new season of Curse of Oak Island tonight, but what we got was Canadian Pickers and Border Security - all despite the ads while watching the finale of Skinwalker Ranch told us all that the new episodes of Oak Island were coming up next, and the Guide indicating that that was what was supposed to be airing.  

What gives, Shaw? How do you screw up that bad?

10 Replies

It is a problem with the History Channel, Shaw isn’t the...

rstra
Grand Master

It is a problem with the History Channel, Shaw isn’t the broadcaster.

0 Kudos

Nah.  Not when at the end of the show there's a full scre...

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

Nah.  Not when at the end of the show there's a full screen Shaw logo.  And not when even the repeat times shows the same incorrect content.

Sorry, but Rogers customers are experiencing the problem...

rstra
Grand Master

Sorry, but Rogers customers are experiencing the problem too, probably also Telus and others.

On Twitter:

@RogersHelps curse of oak island 2hrs premier replaced with Canadian Pickers?! 

History probably got the time change wrong and loaded up the wrong show.

0 Kudos

Shaw is owned by Rogers, now.

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

Shaw is owned by Rogers, now.

0 Kudos

Hi  , Rogers does not own Shaw yet, in fact they are real...

g-idk
Master

Hi @ziggurcat , Rogers does not own Shaw yet, in fact they are really far away yet from even being approved of such a takeover, many many hurdles still to pass if Rogers wants to buy Shaw.  Shaw Cable has no control over a networks broadcasting, History Channel is licensed and distributed by Corus Entertainment, which is a totally separate company from Shaw Cable. The reason for the Shaw logo at the end is because they have contributed to the production of the show, they do not own the program, Shaw can only go on the information provided, the guide is managed by a 3rd party, and they rely on the networks themselves to give them up to date info.  Mistakes and omissions can happen, someone at History Channel screwed the broadcast of your show, and you have every right to be upset, but focus your anger on the right company.  Hopefully they can get it straightened out.  Hope this helps a little.  

Thank you for the clarification of the culprit. Hopefully...

LesandBea
Grasshopper

Thank you for the clarification of the culprit. Hopefully they will try and fit the missing Oak Island episodes in at a later date.

History Channel carries some great programming!

LH

0 Kudos

I also had curse of oak island programmed to record and g...

pheonix0117
Grasshopper

I also had curse of oak island programmed to record and got candian pickers instead. Id like to know when this is going to be corrected.

Does Shaw not respond to these comments? When will we see...

vickieleah
Grasshopper

Does Shaw not respond to these comments? When will we see the first episode? Not on free to me. 

--  I'd like to know when this is going to be corrected....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@pheonix0117 --  I'd like to know when this is going to be corrected.

I programmed my HDPVR to record a "repeat" of the show, and the recording is "as advertised".  So, it has been corrected.

Shaw can only broadcast what is delivered to them. Blame the content-provider, not Shaw.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help