Over thirty years for me. I always thought a Loyalty Depa...

rickatk
Master

Over thirty years for me. I always thought a Loyalty Department was a dumb idea, akin to the sales manager at the auto dealership. The real bottom line person. The agents are now empowered to authorized to offer prescriptive value plans. A consistent way to secure your business and done in the spirit of fairness. The agents are still authorized to offer some perks and credits up front to help seal the deal at the time of re-signing. 

At the end of the day I find I am still getting some good discounts for re-signing or upgrading, without jumping through a lot of departmental hoops.

0 Kudos

I was on the customer loyalty program too.  My plan is co...

Krash26
Grasshopper

I was on the customer loyalty program too.  My plan is coming up for renewal in June 2021 and I'm dreading it.  I heard that they were no longer giving anyone who had been a long term customer, discounts that basically rewarded us for being with them that long.  I'm retired and can't afford Shaw's retail pricing, which means I will need to re-evaluate what I need from them and cut some of my services.

Apparently it doesn't pay to be a long term, loyal customer anymore.  Thanks for nothing Shaw...I also heard that this all changed with the new CEO that they brought in last year from Freedom Mobile.  He's the one that's cut all the discounts etc and treats all customers the same.  Everyone pays full retail pricing!!  Lets put that guy on a fixed low income and see how he does!  Especially now with Covid and we are all at home 90% of time, our source of entertainment and communication is with cable and internet!!!  

Call now and see what Shaw will offer, there is no point...

rstra
Grand Master

@Krash26 Call now and see what Shaw will offer, there is no point in complaining before you know.

-- My plan is coming up for renewal in June 2021 and I'm...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Krash26 -- My plan is coming up for renewal in June 2021 and I'm dreading it.

My two-year Value Plan was ending on June 2, 2021. Shaw called me, in February 2021, and offered me a new two-year Value Plan, with no penalty for prematurely-ending my current plan. I signed up. My new plan costs me 4% more than the two-year Value Plan that I signed-up for on June 2, 2019. So, that is a 2% per year increase.  Plus, the new monthly fee does not start until June 2021 -- I continue to pay at the old rate until then.

I do not begrudge Shaw getting a 2% per year increase -- way less an increase than the doubling/tripling in lumber costs over the last year.

Do you currently have "Total TV"? Could you downgrade to "Limited TV" (at $25/month)?

Do you have a home land-line? Can you cancel it, and its monthly fees, and signup for Shaw Mobile ($0/month if you bring your own phone)? You can transfer your current telephone-number to your cell-phone.

0 Kudos

A friend of mine is also on the old loyalty plan and her...

Krash26
Grasshopper

A friend of mine is also on the old loyalty plan and her renewal is coming up next month.  I haven't received any call from Shaw, inviting me to renew early otherwise I would have done that.  

I'm getting so many robo/solicitation calls on the landline, I'm thinking I need to keep it just for that.  Otherwise they will all start to come over to my cell and I really don't want that.  

I will give them a call next month and see what kind of quote I get to renew my 2 year value plan.

0 Kudos

-- A friend of mine is also on the old loyalty plan and h...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Krash26 -- A friend of mine is also on the old loyalty plan and her renewal is coming up next month. 

> I will give them a call next month and see what kind of quote I get to renew my 2 year value plan.

Shaw called me about 4 months before the end of my two-year Value Plan. Part of the call included the statement that "this offer may not be available closer to your renewal date". I laughed & scoffed at the statement, but eventually committed to a new contract.

If her renewal is coming next month, it is time for her to contact Shaw, and make a comment about switching to a promotional offer from Telus. That would give Telus the lead-time to install their services, before the Shaw contract ends, and her account falls-over to (higher) month-to-month rates.

> I'm getting so many robo/solicitation calls on the landline, I'm thinking I need to keep it just for that. 

Keeping the same telephone number seems counterproductive, unless you "port" your current land-line number to your Shaw Phone account.

> I will give them a call next month and see what kind of quote I get

I think that the sooner that you call them, the more "leverage" that you have.

0 Kudos

Same, 20yrs with shaw and they I tried for an xb7 modem a...

mattTHEbastard
Grasshopper

Same, 20yrs with shaw and they I tried for an xb7 modem and an upgrade to my uploads, after 30 minutes setting up the swap the rep demanded a contract or they couldn’t help. Can’t even treat longtime customers well. Don’t offer us anything unless we complain and plan to change companies. Pathetic and sad to see being sold to Rogers as I already knew the poor customer service Rogers offers. Good bye shaw. I thought it was good, but they took advantage of my loyalty and now I’m bitter 

I don’t understand the hesitance to renew a contract when...

rickatk
Master

I don’t understand the hesitance to renew a contract when accessing upgrades to plans and hardware. I always see a renewal an opportunity for better speed and features. I know my loyalty is rewarded every time I renew. I can see the companies hesitance, when faced with putting out new hardware, without any commitment from the customer..

0 Kudos

You sound like a psycho

Worstcompanyeve
Grasshopper

You sound like a psycho

0 Kudos

Please clairify, who the psycho? Any problems with shaw?

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

@Worstcompanyeve 

Please clairify, who the psycho? Any problems with shaw?

TALK TO US
We're here to help